Mr Ox's 1994 Ozone co2 build thread

The loose cup will have 5mm less contact with the body which will result in extra stress on the axel and potential failure

It’s easier to go the other way 73mm BB in a 68mm frame using 2.5mm shims, but even then the shells have less threads in the frame. But since you’ve a 73mm frame it’s a mute point

What length is the Axle as I’ve got a few 73mm Shimano B.B. without a home

Re:

Thanks for clearing that up for me! The 73 that came out was 122 & the un71 the M737's were on is 110. I think I might have a new 73 X 110 un55 I brought in error in the box of bits I never used when I built my Santa cruz. So that might do the trick, however if not I'll give you a shout. Cheers!

Re:

I'm begining to think this build is cursed! I did have a 73 x 110 bb new, in box, I've fitted it & it sits proud so am now thinking I have a 68 bb shell after all. I'm going to strip it out & Re- re-measure. Opened my box of stashed parts for this build & most are either not suitable (Atac stem has a cable guide :facepalm: ) or I just don't see them working with the bike. This may well be heading back to the loft as if I'm not feeling it now I dread how I'll get on with the brakes!
*Edit* Now shelved.

Re:

18 months later... Been thinking about having another bash at this, I've got a few bits during this time also. I've decided to do bits I can do in the loft for the time being (we have an access door from the dormer) armed with a seatpost size I've ventured to the loft however, mine doesn't have the same size seat tube :facepalm:

Re:

I have next week off, I've got some motivation, hopefully I can bump start this build! Been out doing some measuring & test fitting so fingers crossed!

Re:

My steerer tube should now be the correct size!!! New seals & elastomers to go in the forks & we should start making some progress!!

Re:

Stopping for lunch so thought I'd pop a quick post up of how I've got on so far today.
Well the build continues to run as smoothly as ever :LOL: My new seals for my XCS (found in a friends shed) are not for XCS & are far to big, however rather than let it dishearten me I just ordered a new set & returned to see what else I can do.
Having a good look at the frame I noticed several blue spots over it, so after popping out the incorrect bb I'd fitted, I got the stinky stuff out & set about removing them. We also have a correctly sized seatpost too.
Had a quick look at the rear brake, that's one baggy spring! but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Also realised I've got a few more bit's to add to my wanted list as the front mech is a little more tatty than I'd like & the one I'd put by for the build is a bottom pull not a top pull :facepalm:
Considering whether to throw the crown & steerer on another pair of Rc35's this afternoon so I can start try out a few more bits.

Attachments

• CO2 003.JPG
    CO2 003.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 151
  • CO2 004.JPG
    CO2 004.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 151
Re:

More problems with this this afternoon, more issues with the steer! I've managed to break the top cap of the headset & although I have a choice of headsets I've finally come to the end of my patients with it. It'll be appearing in the forsale section soon.

Back