Help identify cyclocross frame

cesafacamah

Old School Hero
Hi

Any idea what brand might be this frame set? Has some really nice details and it's lightweight too.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8435.jpg
    IMG_8435.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8443.jpg
    IMG_8443.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8446.jpg
    IMG_8446.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_8447.jpg
    IMG_8447.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8449.jpg
    IMG_8449.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8444.jpg
    IMG_8444.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_8442.jpg
    IMG_8442.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 515
  • IMG_8439.jpg
    IMG_8439.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 516
Yeah, not got the requisite clearance behind the bottom bracket, *most* steel cx frames would have the chainstays flattened there.
And front rack mounts as well, almost 100% not CX.

The boss on the back of the seat tube looks like a remote lever location for a bottom bracket mounted dynamo as well.

mdvineng":url22v0f said:
cyclocross? with mudguard eyes and rack mounts! tourer more likely
Absolutely. Canti brakes do not a CX frame make :)

Although I suppose it could be used for CX if necessary.

Downtube gear cables as well. Not exactly a dealbreaker, but many CX frames have (at least) the rear mech on the top tube along with the brake cable. Some have both gear cables there.

I think it could well be a custom build. The short serial number suggests a small builder, and details like the internal brake cable route and dynamo lever boss would be unusual in a production touring frame. Beyond that, I've no suggestions.

Re:

This is a long shot but there was a Italian contract frame maker called Tecnotrat that used heart shaped lugs and fastback seat lugs and always seemed to stamp their frames in the same area of the BB although the stampings seem to be unique to the contract. My bike for example has an actual date as its stamp. The rear brake bridge seems like Columbus which they used and as they were made for export they don't necessarily have Italian threaded BBs as mine has British. Some pics here of my frame and some other examples of BB stamps.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=390478

Back