Hei Hei/// SOLD//:

Re: Kona Hei Hei

F.R.O.":ubcxp4dm said:
interesting publications.

If so, I'm glad that the frame is uncut, maybe a frame not so usual to see?

I always thought that the length was reduced!

this is good. ;)

The 1995 Hei Hei with the short Seat Tube extension and flatter Top Tube do appear to be somewhat less common. The frames were built in batches in real time, so I'm not sure if the scarcity was owing to less frames being produced, or perhaps a preference for the more usual geometry with a slopping Top Tube.

Anyway, good luck with sale ;) .

Pip.

Re:

Very interesting thread and some very sharp observations. Am I missing something here, as to why this couldn’t just been cleared up easily via the serial number?

I believe Pip is on the money here. And whilst the sale thread doesn’t state a year — it doesn’t appear to be a 93 and it’s certainly not older.

Re:

Cheers Sándor.

The frame for sale has Bullet Dropouts, which were used from 1994 onwards. On these Bullet Dropout frames, the single brake cable stop towards the front of the Top Tube was a feature of ‘94, ‘95 and early ‘96 frames.

The last 3 digits of the serial number on any Kona Titanium frame does give an indication of the year of manufacture. This method is only effective by comparing the serial numbers of other previously revealed and confirmed frames, which I have been documenting for some time now.

I have however recently come to the conclusion that there was a slightly different sequence adopted from the method that I (we) had been assuming for years now :? .

This interesting discussion would really be best in the chat section, which I will do when I can figure out something coherent to explain what I mean.

Bump for F.R.O. :)

Pip.

F.R.O.":3v5vvxo4 said:
the previous owner reduced the length, but the work did well.
I kept the original cap.
is a sales post, no discussion.
any questions or clarification will be glad to respond personally, do not mess up the announcement.
thanks F.R.O.
F.R.O.":3v5vvxo4 said:
repair? do not
I believe it.
the frame is perfect.
You are confused.
newsboy can tell you, he was previously his owner.
please don't write things that are not true or appear me in a bad light.
yes, i am a previous owner. but only one of several ones. i haven't sold it to you.
i haven't modified the frame.
thanks for your correction.

newsboy":3kspjx2l said:
F.R.O.":3kspjx2l said:
the previous owner reduced the length, but the work did well.
I kept the original cap.
is a sales post, no discussion.
any questions or clarification will be glad to respond personally, do not mess up the announcement.
thanks F.R.O.
F.R.O.":3kspjx2l said:
repair? do not
I believe it.
the frame is perfect.
You are confused.
newsboy can tell you, he was previously his owner.
please don't write things that are not true or appear me in a bad light.
yes, i am a previous owner. but only one of several ones. i haven't sold it to you.
i haven't modified the frame.
thanks for your correction.

al-onestare":21eenn92 said:
F.R.O.":21eenn92 said:
the only detail, the former owner reduced the size of the saddle tube.

Why oh why did they do that.

A long post and short seatclamp on a long tube can fulcrum at a point below the clamp, and cause it to crack.

Back