coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This has arrived and I have something to admire and ponder

Not had a retro project for years!

Re:

Womans saddle, covered in grime been sat in a shed for years after being gifted to a mother in law.

Hoping that it'll be cheap to do up as if it's not it'll be done up with whatever I can get cheap. So not period and not likely to be popular on here!

Forks are leaking badly and are pitted. Best way to sort those? I need to Google it and come up with a plan but next few weeks will be scrubbing it clean and assessing damage.

I think it's a 1998...

Re:

Wheel is cool.

Done my back in so might clean it properly tomorrow and take some pictures

Frame is stamped 10 97 so it confirms a 1998 model, USA built.

16 stamped on bottom bracket as well so guess that's the size (GT size odd, reckon its nearer a 18-20")

I like it. I'd be tempted to give it a good service and lube. New cables and take it for a blast. Didn't Judy forks from that era leak as standard? I presume they are elastomer with a damper cartridge. They will probably need new elastomers but a couple of my mates had early Judys and the damping lasted for about half a dozen rides, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Re:

Thanks chap.

I've identical forks I git off Ebay I might swap.over but yes, plan is to spend as little as possible and just ride it. The mud and filth on it and hard oil and grime is unreal. 3 hours and it still looks grim.

I've fixed the punctures and changed the grips. Not startling progress but already looks better

Back