Youngs of Lewisham

Psimpson

Retro Guru
Any Youngs Officianados out there?
Have this frame to build up for a friend and trying to get an idea of date.
Drop out width is 121mm.

Attachments

• thumbnail11.jpg
    thumbnail11.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 771
  • thumbnail12.jpg
    thumbnail12.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 773
  • thumbnail13.jpg
    thumbnail13.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 771
  • thumbnail22.jpg
    thumbnail22.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 761
  • thumbnail10.jpg
    thumbnail10.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 759
  • thumbnail9.jpg
    thumbnail9.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 762
Southwestslacker1":1gwm3swv said:
Very nice! Could you post a picture of the serial number? I’ve got a mystery frame with some similar features (curved brake bridge, cable guide positions ) that I’m trying to identify. The arrangement of the serial number could be a giveaway, it would be great to find out what it is as it’s a nice frame.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157053716@N06/6V2V39

I will look for serial number when I pick frame up and post it.

Blimey, thats a belter! They don't make them how they used to. That discrete "old english" font on the downtube (not loud and obnoxious), the intricate seatube decal, the wrapover stays, the lugs.... sheer deliciousness.

I had a very similiar Youngs to yours (same headbadge), tried to sell it on here with no joy: sold to Hilary Stone and it was bought by a RetroBike member for many times what I originally offered it for !

Yours has a rather mismatched lug set.

Makes me wonder.

Rk.

Re:

This is the serial number I think under bottom bracket.

Attachments

• ww.jpg
    ww.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 502
roadking":2hbi7dtq said:
I had a very similiar Youngs to yours (same headbadge), tried to sell it on here with no joy: sold to Hilary Stone and it was bought by a RetroBike member for many times what I originally offered it for !

Yours has a rather mismatched lug set.

Makes me wonder.

Rk.

Do you mean this post?

Are you saying this frame is the one you sold to Hilary Stone?

Bought on LFGSS - you've not read my post on this thread ?

LFGSS? I don't know what this means, I don't know where my friend bought this.

Apologies for being a bit dim,

The Youngs I offered on RB some time ago was eventually sold by me to Hilary Stone, and it was bought by someone on RB at a price much greater than what I offered it for - it was very original but repainted by the new owner - I initially thought yours was my Youngs - but it isn't.

Take a look at mine here - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=196804&start=10

However, I am sure I saw your Youngs being offered on LFGSS (another cycling forum).

Rk.

Re:

I am a previous owner of this frame, and I would almost certainly have offered it for sale on LFGSS, as I buy and sell many frames on that forum.

I purchased this particular frame from a very well respected collector and restorer of vintage bicycles. As far as I am aware, it has never been through Hilary Stone (not that that would be a problem).

Also, as far as I am aware, I sold the frame for the same price (more or less) that I bought it for. I am not a dealer, and have no desire to become one.

Back