1997/8 GT Lightning VGC

keitht

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Not been on here for a long while, but I have recently re-aquired my old GT Lightning in a trade with my friend.
As I no longer collect retro bikes I am putting it up for sale so someone might enjoy it ore than I will.

1998 GT Lightning 18"

In VGC throughout.
Not wholly original spec but upgrade parts are period.

Only made for 2 yrs and due to the price point, a steel Bravado with XT and Judys could be had for less and with the American made Xizang frame also available the Lightning did not sell well.
Hence making them hard to find, especially in this condition.

There are marks and scuffs on the decals and on some parts as you might reasonably expect from a 21yr old.

Also for some reason unknown to me there is the ritchey headset has a silver coloured bottom cup and a black top cup.
TMK spec other than OE is
Wheels are upgraded Mavic 517 SUP Citron on XT hubs.
Michelin tyres
Saddle is a slightly worn Flite
Kalloy seat post.

£850

Can't find much previous sales info on these,so please let me know if I am miles out.
Do not really want to split if possible.

Location SN16 area.
Collection preferred, but can meet etc.
( I will be at the Malverns )

40812235603_c776154034_h.jpg

32834880627_1771f37793_h.jpg

47726151422_d4f1f7bef2_h.jpg

32834911147_b87215c52d_h.jpg

47726185122_6f9af83a41_h.jpg

47778464101_1bcfcd55d7_h.jpg

Re: 1997/8 GT Lightning VGC now £600

A bit pricey perhaps?
It is in stunning condition, however it needs to go so reduction to £600.

I can take it to the Malverns with me, might also have a splatter Talera in the van as well.

As a Xizang owner I love the way you think they didn’t sell very well, they were the bike that the team used for racing.
The lightning was built in Asia, not a polished finish and low end components. The Xizang was built in America and available as a frame set only (except for 2 yrs I think it was sold as a full bike and frame set)

Re:

My paragraph is muddled and not wholly clear.
It should imply that the Lightning did not sell well, not that the Xiang did not.

I have amended the wording to make it clear.

Re: Re:

d8mok":8uh9ur5y said:
Sooo tempting .....

Tell me about it. I saw this a few minutes after promising the wife I would not buy another bike this year.

Dont need another gt, don't need another Ti, but I like it.

Back