Fillet Brazed Steel meets Amp

kanerdog1x1":6cud8yz6 said:
fantastic. ive got a few curtis frames from the uk www.curtisbikes.co.uk gary brazes frames together usually from t45, but he doesnt file the frames, he is a master at making the brass look like tig welds, very impressive stuff. he is also a fan of clearcoat on a blasted frame.

trials24-mid.jpg

Very cool :cool:

These are the first blasted and clearcoated steel frames I've seen, other than Richman's. Thanks!

I love the way brazed frame tubes seem to flow together, and leaving the braze visible like that is extra lush.

I WANT A CURTIS!

Not sure if i met your cousin in Wales uk in about 2005..........touring on bikes with his wife ? Might have been another frame builder from the states who brazes.

Big fan of AMP suspension here and that's gotta be one of the finest examples of the B2 suspension combined with a steel main frame I've ever come across :cool: . If you ever get tired of it let me know ;) .

Is it just the photo "Bead-blasted and clear-coated" or is there metal flake in your clear-coat?

Looks sweet either way ;)

beepbeep":1sv4scej said:
Is it just the photo "Bead-blasted and clear-coated" or is there metal flake in your clear-coat?

Looks sweet either way ;)

Good eye for detail. The finish appears plain gloss-grey most of the time, but in direct sunlight or a camera flash it is indeed sparkly metal-flake.

greenstiles":1sv4scej said:
Not sure if i met your cousin in Wales uk in about 2005..........touring on bikes with his wife ? Might have been another frame builder from the states who brazes.

I dunno...does he look familiar?

Jeff.jpg

The pic is from the '89 "Art of the Mountain Bike" exhibit at the Braunstein-Quay Gallery in San Francisco. Jeff's work was shown alongside that of Joe Breeze, Paul Brown, Charlie Cunningham, Otis Guy, Jeff Lindsay, Ed Litton, Craig Mitchell, Scot Nicol, Steve Potts, and Tom Ritchey.

pcard_13-1.jpg

pcard_13-2.jpg

Back