1992 DBS Daccordi La Migliore

trying out different cockpits.

deda murex, nitto m106, white tape and hüdz hoods.

cinelli giro d'italia handlebars, cinelli stem, stock shimano hoods and black tape.

Attachments

• DSCN6690.jpg
    DSCN6690.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 1,051
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 1,051
Re:

Great work. Thanks for the insight into these lovely bikes. Which of your two recent set-ups do you prefer? I would be inclined to go for the first one. I like the white tape bringing our the frame lettering. I also love the look of the stem.

I'd be interested to hear how you compare it to your CAAD12, too.

David

Thanks!
Right now i'm leaning towards the black tape, since the white kind of crashes with the pale tanwalls.
It's not really apparent on photos, but in real life there was just something about the different hues that didn't harmonize.
it worked a lot better before, with the old blue rubino pro tires, but i think corsas ride a lot better, so thats what i'm gonna use.

as for the handlebar and stem i'm still undecided, as i need to try them out for a bit, to see if i find them comfortable, and right now there is too much snow.
i do love the look of the deda murex stem though, so i might go back to that one either way.

as for how the different bikes feel, due to the winter still holding on, i haven't really gotten to ride any of them properly yet.
i did get a quick ride around the neighborhood the other day due to the snow clearing away for a day, and the 600 and 7800 equipped bikes do feel surprisingly different - due to the stiff modern deepish wheels and stiffer cranks, the 7800 equipped bike felt a lot faster and stiffer. deep wheels just feels like they are pulling you along when you get up to speed, and that in turn make the bike feel a lot more modern compared to the tubular equipped 600 bike.

as for the caad 12, it handles like its on rails, and is super stiff and responsive when hammering it, so it's gonna be a tough contender for the steel bikes to match.
the SLX frames feel very springy compared to the alu frame, almost like a taut muscle that bounces about when you push it.
it's a lot of fun to ride, but i suspect it's not as efficient, since it doesn't have that instant acceleration or feedback that you get from the CAAD.

spring is just around the corner though, so once the snow clears and the temperature comes above freezing, i'm gonna give them all a good thrashing, and really figure out how they behave compared to each other.

Attachments

• DSCN6705.jpeg
    DSCN6705.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 1,002
  • DSCN6707.jpeg
    DSCN6707.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,002
Re:

3 is probably enough I guess - I think your duraace build is lovely blend of old and new. I have taken mine out a few times now and am really enjoying having a bigger frame - very responsive. I've had to put a small stem on it so it fits... the large chainring is making for a fast top end speed which should help for a triathlon which is what ive bought it for - too old for aero bars!

yeah, i have enough of them now, and i definitely don't want to pay international prices for one ;)

anyway, since i now officially have to many of them, I'm currently refreshing the Cromor framed "Professionale" bike (the one to the right in the photo above) and prepping it as a birthday present for my younger brother, since he hasn't owned a bike in many years, and it has served me well for many years.
Hopefully he will enjoy it as much as i have.

if anyone ever wondered if you could fit a 30t cassette on an old short cage shimano 600 derailleur, then the answer is yes you can!

at least it shifts beautifully through the entire range on the workstand - will take it for a ride outside tomorrow to check if it behaves just as nice on the road.

Attachments

• DSCN6719.jpg
    DSCN6719.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 932
My trusty old Daccordi Freccia (or DBS Professionale, whatever you prefer) is ready to be gifted - it's been set up for newbie friendly usability, and rides super nicely on the modern(ish) fulcrum wheels with gp4000 tires, the big cassette seems to shift fine out on the road as well.

The pedals are just some cheapo generic ones, as i doubt my brother will use it with cleats and road shoes, and if he wants some nicer ones... well, then he has a new moneypit to spend his hard earned money on ;)

Attachments

• professionale.jpg
    professionale.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 917
bought some new corsa g+ 25mm tires on clearance, and finally got to try them out today.
rides much better then the old rally tubulars, and even though these old fashioned 32 spoke rims sure dont feel as light and playful as modern ones, they are comfy, bombproof and quite stylish ;)

Attachments

• daccordi_600-SMALL.jpg
    daccordi_600-SMALL.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 779

Latest posts

Back