BB7's

grahame":3gsgb9y6 said:
For me, the most important thing is they are easily "field servicable" - ie if you get hooked up on a branch, or crash and pull the actuating mechanism (cable in BB7s case) apart, you can fix it. If you pull a hydraulic hose out, and lose fluid, you have little hope of making a good repair. I guide each summer in the Rockies, and this repairability has led all the ride guides I work with to swap to BB7s.

Summary - I think they are great.

hadnt even considered that :shock:
makes a very good case for them too!!

Harryburgundy":31r0xi5v said:
Thanks everyone...kinda always thought that mechanical disc was always the poor cousin to hydraulic...clearly I am wrong.
Thanks again
Carl

They are the poor relation in exactly the same way that Burgundy is clearly the poor relation of Bordeaux ;) It depends so much on the manufacturer (viniculture) and the way they are set up (vintner) as well as the basic concept (terroir).

I hope this has helped clear it up for you Carl.

grahame":1hhcy1gs said:
Harryburgundy":1hhcy1gs said:
Thanks everyone...kinda always thought that mechanical disc was always the poor cousin to hydraulic...clearly I am wrong.
Thanks again
Carl

They are the poor relation in exactly the same way that Burgundy is clearly the poor relation of Bordeaux ;) It depends so much on the manufacturer (viniculture) and the way they are set up (vintner) as well as the basic concept (terroir).

I hope this has helped clear it up for you Carl.

:LOL: :LOL: Nice...but don't get me started with Bordeaux vs Burgundy ;)

I've got Hayes MX2's and find them very good, if a set of BB7's came up though I wouldn't mind changing them. BUT I'm happy with the feel and power of my MX2's, for now. Might put my 203mm discs back on, cos I like the look of them, and I'm fat :LOL:

i sold a bb5 mech disc brake to south bound and he loves it

lol, I thought it was a BB7!

Seriously though, it was a piece of the preverbial to set up (great YouTube vid to explain how easy it is. Pads are easy to change. Cheap as chips (thanks rob!). No fluid; hence easy. Work fine.

Did I say they are easy?

Latest posts

Back