Lightweight modern or retro frameset, 26" & V-brake

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Tentative one - I've snapped a titanium seat bolt in my frame and while I mull over whether to buy the tools to try and extract it, I might use the chance to change the frameset anyway. It's a bike that I keep with my inlaws for when I visit with the family and I'd like to keep the parts. It gets used 75% on road and 25% on light paths so I want to keep it lightweight. It will be used with rigid forks. Retro or modern I'm not too fussy about, but the constraints are:

lightweight please (alloy/carbon really - Ti likely to be too expensive)
For 26" wheel
Can take V-brakes
Suit someone about 6' 0"

Interested to see if there's anything out there that might tempt me to change frame rather than do the repair! Cheers :cool:

Re:

I've got a coyote ultralight. Bought to build but have not got around to it, and should be selling what I'm not using.

Got a more modern stumpjumper that I should sell too. Possibly others, what frame size are you after?

The two above are at least 18 inch, possibly bigger.

Thanks - it's going to be fully rigid so softtail is out, sorry. Something like the Coyote might do (is it Easton Ultralite from memory?). I usually ride around 19"

Re:

Yup, Easton ultralite. I'm on hols right now but back for the weekend. I can measure up then but think it is a 19 inch.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back