1994 Brodie Expresso

Re:

hey i used those forks for a lot of my former builds, and i always wanted them painted to match.
and i always used foil to get them coloured. This is cheap easy to remove and with a little practise easy to paste.
since the legs are absolute straight, so best condition.

i even did it with bonti forks once. that was a little more difficult because the legs are conical.

maybe this helps
cheers Kay

Re: Re:

wtb_rider":21ud0g3z said:
hey i used those forks for a lot of my former builds, and i always wanted them painted to match.
and i always used foil to get them coloured. This is cheap easy to remove and with a little practise easy to paste.
since the legs are absolute straight, so best condition.

i even did it with bonti forks once. that was a little more difficult because the legs are conical.

maybe this helps
cheers Kay

Thats a great idea Kay :)

I think as its only a small area needs repainting i might try touching it up first but i have just been looking at a couple of pairs of other forks i have :LOL:

Out on the Expresso so here are a few pics of how it is at moment.

Just got hold of another needle adaptor so now have a bit of air in the forks. Also switched the wheels and tyres for riding sets, the tyres are more to help combat the endless thorn flats around this area, something i had forgot about riding in other parts of the country. The pedals are a short term soloution as my fav riding pedals are on a different bike at moment.

Love riding this, does everything really well and with no fuss, the only thing that needs sorting is standing up to climb which a pair of bar ends, or wider bars, should help with.

Mark P1011144 (Medium).JPG P1011165 (Medium).JPG P1011166 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Looking good Mark, glad you’re enjoying it. Brodies really do have excellent ride qualities don’t they :cool:

Re:

That looks excellent mark! What a lovely build. It looks quite aggressive in pose too.

It’s funny how the geometry to Brodie’s/Konas are so distinctive. What would the equivalent Espresso be in Kona terms? Romax I guess being the Explosif?

Probably best not compare Kona and Brodie models on a public forum :oops: :LOL:

Cheers guys.

I dont think you can compare them really, and like Adrian says, probably best not to :LOL:

A pic of it out today. P1011236 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Now fitted with RF bars and temp Peaty grips, not sure if i will keep the bars or go back to straight. The bike doesnt fell like an all day bike, it still feels racey even with the more relaxed position, it just wants to go faster :) P1011322 (Medium).JPG P1011325 (Medium).JPG P1011327 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Back