Unusual steel fork crown - anyone recognise?

FiveAlpha

Retro Guru
Just acquired this road bike; it's a Jensen (Danish bike shop and sometime builder), but I've never seen a fork crown like this. Does anyone know what it's called or who made them?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Aelle Fork Crown LoRes.JPG
    Aelle Fork Crown LoRes.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 564
I looked at Cinelli, but can't see any with a single point, on the outside, but distinctly towards the rear edge. Makes the Columbus decal positioning a bit odd.

The whole thing is filthy - I will look for Flying C's once I've washed it.

Nob":13xa5d8k said:
Maybe Samson type lug??
Thanks.

That's close, but the crown isn't as 'shouldered' as a Samson, and the spear point isn't on the back, like a Samson, it's on the rear corner, if you will.

I cannot find anything like it online, but will keep looking.

The rest of the frame is also beautiful - shot-in seatstays, cut-out lugs, short horizontal dropouts - all much too good for Columbus Aelle tubes, if I am honest!

daccordimark":1xahochz said:
Funnily enough Daccordi used these same fork crowns as in this current thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=396908.
Don't know who made them though.
Mark.

Doh, I even commented on that post, but never noticed the fork crown! It does look the same, but still no closer to finding out who made them!

I thought Daccordi as well as I have a similar frame with the same fork crown which I've never identified in this thread, it came up as a possible with mine but I doubt it is and would love to know so if you get any closer to an answer let me know

Back