LTS DS with new shocks

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BIKE!?!? :shock: :shock:

:LOL: Only joking!! Im glad its been put to some proper use its a lovely bike and gone to a good home :D

Heres a couple of pics of the rear disc set up on my LTS if it's any use for referance ;)

rbrake.jpg

rhub.jpg

daj":394659gx said:
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BIKE!?!? :shock: :shock:

Glad you don't mind the new kit :D I'm well chuffed with it still, can't think of another bike I'd want to ride at the mo. Even my Zaskar is starting to feel unloved.

On the subject of the plastic 4/5" rear suspension widget - I've always assumed mine is in the 5" setting with the centre hole further to the rear, is this correct? Nice shots of the disc setup jimi, thanks for that. Got any thread/pics of the full bike? Looks like the kind of burly flat pedal setup which i might like :D

jimwah":mtvu7tkq said:
Got any thread/pics of the full bike? Looks like the kind of burly flat pedal setup which i might like :D

Here ya go :) ,

This is it in it's current state as i'm constantly adding/changing bits, recently added the Charge spoon saddle, the Renthal MX bars and repainted the forks closser to the original orange (they've been black and then gold :LOL: ), plan on replacing the redundant outer chain ring with a red bash ring and fit some Goodridge brake hose and gear cable outer to match the bit thats on the rear brake.

lts-1.jpg

lts-2.jpg

That looks indestructible :shock: :D Interesting to see the DMR Motos on there, I think some big 'ol blackwalls are in order for the DS too. Nice little thumbie shifter poking out there too :D

I've got a bashring I might put on, but I can't help feeling I'd miss the big chainring on the wide open descents through the fields here, I'll fit it at the weekend and see how i get on. Perhaps a few more teeth on the middle would be sufficient.

jimwah":345dsaov said:
I've been playing with the shock settings and adjusting the height recently, its wound out quite far at the mo (with a lot of thread exposed at the top of the shock) and only lightly damped. I'm gonna wind in some more preload on the red collar tho as its still quite springy when climbing - I've got a lockout dial on the front but they are quite stiff anyway & I need to tune the rear in to match.

My thought of bringin the damper up, exposing the thread, is that I'm afraid of tearing the threads from the trunion.
I know that sounds stupid, because when the damper is turned up towards the reservoir (?) the force from bumping would still push the shock through the trunion.

My Super Deluxe is a newer one and just a bit longer. That's why my BB is very high.
So I can just turn out the damper a bit higher?

I've gotta have a play with & set it up at the weekend, so I'll get some pics. If I am understanding you correctly, I don't think there's any harm in winding it out as much as you want, as long as there still a depth of a few threads below the trunion, the force applied shouldn't be any greater.

daj was a sensible chap & kept the books for the LTS, which has a little section on setting up the rear shock if i remember correctly. I'll reread & scan it if its of any use.

I have tried searching but cannot find the thread, Pickle asked many moons ago about setting up the rear shocks and I found a link that had all the manuals online .... I just cant find the thread now :roll:

She is a lovely bike :D

Latest posts

Back