Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re: Look for one Lotus Sport and two come along!

unkleGsif":35mfd7kz said:
Cracking work done so far

I think to date, in terms of classic motorsport liveries, we have had...
A few JPS / Lotus (Yakboy's Lotus, my Kilauea)
Gulf Porsche (FJPShaw's Kilauea (he's no longer active i dont think, and the post now lost its pictures unfortunately, as it was a mega sweet build)

G

If you have a look at my signature G my SBike 506 will be a Gulf inspired bike :D

We will need to have a line up one day

Re:

Fantastic as usual - I predominantly view the site on my mobile, so Signatures don't appear and I don't get to see peoples other builds.

I have always wanted, and very much still do, to do a classic Red and White McLaren MP4/4 build, but feel it would be best suited to a road bike :oops: :evil: :

I think a "Classic Motorsport Livery Meet" should be on the cards when all the builds are complete :cool:

Sorry Chaps, I’ve been ‘double busy’ with my two day masking marathon…. I did see the notifications but I thought I’d let you guys chat amongst yourselves… :)

LongLegsRetro":3beibl65 said:
With all that shiny alloy on the frame, I'd be swayed towards Gold Leaf red, reasoning being, that colour scheme was from an era where there were still shiny bits of chassis and suspension visable on the cars, by the time JPS Black became iconic, things were being covered up with bodywork.
True..but the XTR was always the black one…. :cool:

unkleGsif":3beibl65 said:
Cracking work done so far
Personally, I would go with either the Gold Leaf Red or the classic green with yellow highlights
I think to date, in terms of classic motorsport liveries, we have had...
A few JPS / Lotus (Yakboy's Lotus, my Kilauea)
Gulf Porsche (FJPShaw's Kilauea (he's no longer active i dont think, and the post now lost its pictures unfortunately, as it was a mega sweet build)
G
One in green is enough… :shock: and the only reason I even considered the Gold Leaf was because Yakboy’s bike is shaping up to be quite a hard act to follow… :cry: :facepalm:

yakboy":3beibl65 said:
If you have a look at my signature G my SBike 506 will be a Gulf inspired bike :D
We will need to have a line up one day

Absolutely… :D

Attachments

• file-272.jpeg
    file-272.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 363

Maybe Mr Yak will venture south in June and show us his Lotus at Mayhem along side yours and of course MyTeenageSelf’s would make for quite a show

Retro Spud":25cofjka said:
Maybe Mr Yak will venture south in June and show us his Lotus at Mayhem along side yours and of course MyTeenageSelf’s would make for quite a show

Not sure me & Jimmy’s Lotuses will be ready for MM’19 but I certainly am looking forward to seeing Yakboy’s & Myteanage selfs serious machines in the flesh!!!!

BTW, I had a play around with introducing some ivory along with the gold text so it looks like the Gold Leaf red bike idea is back in pole position.,.. ;)

Ok, so I’m committed now.
Frames are with the powder coaters, the 16” in British standard “British Racing Green” and the 20” in RAL 3020 Verkehrsrot / Traffic red.
And I’ve had a tweak of the graphics and sent them on to Gil, so there’s no turning back! :facepalm:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 342
Re:

The size of the Shimano script looks much better. Gil will be getting sick of Lotus's as I popped in this morning to finalise the decal sizes :D

Re:

yakboy":2lm4xnwv said:
The size of the Shimano script looks much better. Gil will be getting sick of Lotus's as I popped in this morning to finalise the decal sizes :D

Indeed it does, I've been having a good look at this thread whilst recovering from an evil bout of of flu :facepalm:

Only thing I would change (without fear of looking like a pedant) would be to lose the 'Deore' script, as per the original mockups you did... XTR was/is a groupset in it's own right and never part of the Deore range. It looks better as well like that in my opinion :)

Retro Spud":17bkyqzg said:

This year will be a no go I'm afraid but next year definitely (I will have a few more bikes finished then I hope :roll: )

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":14lk4401 said:
yakboy":14lk4401 said:

Indeed it does, I've been having a good look at this thread whilst recovering from an evil bout of of flu :facepalm:

Only thing I would change (without fear of looking like a pedant) would be to lose the 'Deore' script, as per the original mockups you did... XTR was/is a groupset in it's own right and never part of the Deore range. It looks better as well like that in my opinion :)

Good point, I was getting carried away.... I'll get Gil to omit the Deore

Back