Light 'em up!!!

Will do. Its not the smallest of devices, and obviously only holds one torch but for the money seems pretty good

They dont even make my lights anymore :(

I ride 25miles to work and 17 20 of them are unlit.

Its some Cateye rehargeable unit, the battery bottle (same size as a 750ml bidon) has 10x 1.2v lion batterys in which take 12hrs to charge from flat and have a burn time of 4hrs, and weigh about the same as the moon!!
Got them for my first fathers day gift (9yrs ago) for the 24hr Redbull race in Brum.
I also run a little LED which I have as a backup, but its basically no use if my main unit goes down.

PeeBeds":yxhmuqom said:
Its some Cateye rehargeable unit, the battery bottle (same size as a 750ml bidon) has 10x 1.2v lion batterys in which take 12hrs to charge from flat and have a burn time of 4hrs, and weigh about the same as the moon!!

Think i've got some of them in the loft. Bought the tesco 3w ones and so far good results. I have angled the light just right so I can wiggle the handlebars and it lights up in the wing mirror of cars so they know i'm coming up the inside when traffic is slow. Not sure how long the batteries will last but if I use rechargeable's and charge them at work then it's still free!!!

Those 2 Tesco lights I got, I have machined some clamping brackets up at work and hopefully these will be able to be tie wrapped onto my riser bars.
I will post some pics later. ;)

Got my Tesco lights and a couple of the £5 rubber mounts and they work great for the short commute I do. The beam is sooooo bright, so much better than any maglite I have.

Still amazed at the number of loons that ride with no lights at all, especially seeing as it is now so cheap to get some decent ones.

Here are the pics of the brackets I made:- :roll:

Attachments

• DSCF1692.JPG
    DSCF1692.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 935
  • DSCF1693.JPG
    DSCF1693.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 935
  • DSCF1690.JPG
    DSCF1690.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 935
  • DSCF1691.JPG
    DSCF1691.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 935
Hello Chaps,
these brackets were made from black nylon. The hole for the torch to go through is 22mm or 7/8", a hole saw was used to cut this. Then a 1" cutter is ran down the bottom of eack bracket to form the radius that sits on the bars. Then two holes are drilled into the blocks for fastening the blocks on with tie wraps. I am quite busy at work at the mo, but if get spme spare time I will see if I can get some made. ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1688.JPG
    DSCF1688.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 903
  • DSCF1689.JPG
    DSCF1689.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 903
Back