BoTM November 2008 - Purple

Status
Not open for further replies.
doh! going on holiday in the morning, so an updated photo will have to wait a week. this is now wearing purple bar ends and post, with rims (NOS CR17a) on the wall waiting for 28h hubs.

pdg90.jpg

here is my kona, unfortunatly as im moving it wont be finsished for some time.

Attachments

• project purple 1.jpg
    project purple 1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 4,241
  • project purple 2.jpg
    project purple 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 4,241
  • project purple 3.jpg
    project purple 3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,241
I'm just trying to follow the rules....."PURPLE" and one must think that since this is the Bike of the Month thread that a "Purple" bike should win. Not something Ink blue, blue, pink or even a bike that's 40% blue, 40% pink and maybe 20% purple. Certainly not something that only has purple parts on it? John you should have tightened the rules or been more plain in what you wanted Bro! Enough of the campaigning. Since somebody else beat me to the Zaskar LE I had to rely on this 1991 standout and since this tends to be a fat tire crowd the only part not original from 1991 is the 2.0 tires that I added instead of the original 1.4 slics. Classic, Innovative, Vintage, Unique and Mint with around 250 original miles for an almost 18 year old bike .....1991 22" GT Tachyon enjoy
For those that don't know about this bike it was a forerunner to the 29er movement of today.
GT's VP of Product Bill Duehring wanted a ride that was faster than 26" so he created the 700D size which was sightly taller than a 26" wheel and slightly shorter than 700 but had a higher profile tire than a 26" but same outside dimension as a 700C wheel. You could run 1.4 slicks or knobby's or 2.0 knobby's on the same rim. Araya produced the rims for the bikes in the RM-20 cross section and IRC produced the 700D tires. GT had the Tachyon drop bar model the Continuum and Arette were flat bar models available with 700D wheels as well as their Quatrefoil Tandems.

Frame: GT 700D Crossover Tange Infinity DB Crmo with internal rear brake cable
Fork: Gt 2x4 CrMo with adjusters
Head Set: Ritchey Logic
Brakes: DC 986 front and DC u-brake rear
Levers: Dia Compe Aero
Stem GT Flip Flop
Handlebar: SR Modolo Bend
Shifters: Suntour Command
Derailleurs: Suntour XC LTD
Cassette: Suntour 12/28
Crank: Sakae 52/42/32
Seat Post GT/ True Temper CrMo
Saddle: GT/Viscount regal type
Wheels: Araya RM-20 w/Suntour X-1 Hubs and
GT Crossover 2.0 Tires

Attachments

• DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 4,577
  • DSC00103.JPG
    DSC00103.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 4,576
  • DSC00099.JPG
    DSC00099.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 4,576

Hey chill - this is merely the ante chamber - wait to see what actually gets polled up!

Tell us more about the shifters - are those Kelly Take-offs?

Mr K

Thinking on purple this is my Klein which is more or less similar to the one owned by Martin but a bit smaller. Anyway, as all of you know it is a 1992 HLF Attitude in front of Belgian Embassy in Warsaw with Flower Carpet in the background :)

Attachments

• My Klein.JPG
    My Klein.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 4,512
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back