• 14th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15th

• Don't mind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
super cool, will be bringing the stem grips and saddle with me so lets trade :cool:

I have one in black but think the rule is bar/stem combo and post should be the same colour so silver will look better?

Mr Hendrix, I may be interested in the Non Compact DX cranks as that was part of the original spec of my White Lightning, think I'm using exage at the moment.

Did not get to Glentress at weekend but have rebuilt the White Lightning this time with V-brakes and rapidfires, not period correct but can now stop quickly.

Another possible attendee with a flexstem fitted Raleigh M-Trax from my work.

Also just impulse bought a mid 90's Alpinestar frame in alloy, not a raised chainstay model. More details when I've done a bit of research.

I shall bring any bits you lot might be interested in including a pair of shiny no name polished disc brake hubs. Very smooth cartridge bearings but unlikely ever to be used as I will not fit discs to any of my steeds even if it was possible.

Looking forward to it but praying for no rain !

clockworkgazz":1gbodvra said:
I have one in black but think the rule is bar/stem combo and post should be the same colour so silver will look better?

You've seen my bikes so this is maybe one for the rest of the posse :LOL:

Jimih no problem , pick a good pick up point and I'll get you there :D , only need to remove the front wheel and normally the seatpost.

Gazz I can supply you with some stainless steel M5 cap screws if you like.

velomaniac":21bq6hah said:
Mr Hendrix, I may be interested in the Non Compact DX cranks as that was part of the original spec of my White Lightning, think I'm using exage at the moment.

No problem, i'll stick them in my bag ;) , i do warn though that they are a bit mingin, the threads etc are fine but they have been kicking around for 15 years so are in a state, also i think they are DX but not 100% positive, they would clean up fine though, i'd only want a fiver for them if you have nothing to swap ;)

Met Office long term weather forecast for Peebles looks quite reasonable so far thus I'd bring extreme wet weather gear based on the Met offices usual accuracy. :roll:

OOH I'm getting excited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last Daves done it and he's admitted it on Retrobike, he's bought a retro bike and boy is it a beauty.

Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo DX with Titanium main tubes and a paint scheme nearly as hideous as my white lightning !

Welcome Dave, your among friends now :D

Back