NOT a Nuovo Record BB

Re:

Thanks for all your suggestions, folks. What about this Shimano BB and the size - 113mm or 115mm?

I remember "back in the day" we used DA 7400 bb sets with Nuovo Record cranks, but the whole taper issue is a bit confusing to this old fart! I can't remember ever having any problems with that set-up.

Any thoughts on this Shimano bb - it's a training bike I'm building, so I'm not wanting to spend a lot - this looks ideal >>

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-UN55 ... pmDzgoQPdw

Cheers,

Craig

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Campag cranks on shimano JIS axles stick out a bit further than they would on an ISO, so might try the shorter one, mind you at that price you could buy both lol

I think the un55 is about 12 quid, was the last time I got one, they seem really quite well made :) I think I got it from wiggle who seem to have permanent special offers on them. Need to buy the tool as well :(

Re:

I got one for £15 and I have the removal tool in ye olde tool box. I took a chance on the 113mm - I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Craig

Back