How to add photos

Trentdanger

Dirt Disciple
I'm sure it's been covered thousands of times, and yes I've looked I the faq section, but could someone possibly please tell me in layman's terms, how on earth to add pictures to an advert?
Thanks, Alex

Re:

1) Tap 'Choose File'
2) Select picture you want to upload and click 'Add Picture'.
3) Get told it's too big.
4) Reduce the file size with a free app like photoresizer.
5) Reduce it again.
6) And again.
7) Try uploading again.
8 ) No? Too big? Reduce again.
9) Upload and admire your work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190317-163028_Chrome-720x923.jpg
    Screenshot_20190317-163028_Chrome-720x923.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 510
Re:

There might be, but I've always had to faff about resizing pics - and even then sometimes it just says 'nah'. But yeah, pics are pretty much essential for selling.

Re:

If you add an attachment, as seen in TSC's explanation, then you do indeed to to resize the photo to something like 140kb, and it looks like this:

If on the other hand you link the same picture from a photo hosting site like Flikr, it looks like this:

X Lite XLR Pro Ti_b by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Attachments

• X Lite XLR Pro Ti_b.jpg
    X Lite XLR Pro Ti_b.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 488
If you’re using a pc, right click on your photo and click on edit. Select by pixels and reduce the width to 1080 then save, this invariably reduces a photo of for example 2 meg down to under the 512k threshold. Then follow the process above to post.....

If your running windows resizing is really easy. Not sure what others are doing but all you have to do is download this resizer, https://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/
takes 5secs, right click on any pic you have and the resize option is now incuded in the drop down menu, click on that, select medium, job done. It makes a copy of the resized pic and you can do as many pics at once as you wish. Then just upload as above, using this box i am typing this into but click on the full editor button next to the submit one.

Or you could use a photo hosting site, but probably have to pay a ransom in a few years and risk losing your pics and the site losses all theirs too.

Mark

Re:

To re-size on windows I just right click the photo, open in paint, resize (25% usually works), then save it.

The quality does diminish though.

Back