Lotus Sport Campagnolo (finished pg24) & XTR (finished pg29)

Re: Re:

The History Man":16urfvx6 said:
I’d go brg frame with yellow head tube section to mimic the racing colours.

Go on then, you know you want to, it’s on at £25 starting!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PeachyPM":wrao6rvf said:
The History Man":wrao6rvf said:

Down to one bike at present. Others are sulking already.

The History Man":193ije3d said:
PeachyPM":193ije3d said:
The History Man":193ije3d said:

Down to one bike at present. Others are sulking already.

Do you need a bigger shed?

The History Man":3dx8opj4 said:

Seconded. Those tubes are so chunky you could even take the yellow along the top side of the top tube. And you could go with a gold pinstripe along the side of the downtube on the red one, with ivory beneath.

I mean, it would be a MASSIVE pain to keep clean. But it would look the business.

Goldie":167h0fiy said:
The History Man":167h0fiy said:

Seconded. Those tubes are so chunky you could even take the yellow along the top side of the top tube. And you could go with a gold pinstripe along the side of the downtube on the red one, with ivory beneath.

I mean, it would be a MASSIVE pain to keep clean. But it would look the business.

I understand what you guys are saying, and my mind isn’t completely made up yet but I did mock up the frames in ways that reflected the liveries more closely (yellow head and striping - top half of tubes red bottom half ivory white) but although the gag was obvious, they looked like separate projects.

I really want them to look like they’ve come out of the same stable.

Re:

I think the simpler paint schemes with the bare alloy rear triangle suit both bikes so well and you can let your decals do the talking. You could always have custom saddle coverings in complimentary colours.

yakboy":25gfmnxo said:
I think the simpler paint schemes with the bare alloy rear triangle suit both bikes so well and you can let your decals do the talking. You could always have custom saddle coverings in complimentary colours.

Any recommendations? (On saddlers)

Back