1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2h2qwnvj said:
Last time I got picked up for something like that it was by THM for calling Autumn ‘Fall’

He got proper patriotic / Churchillian on me for Americanising/butchering the fine English language

I did think I'd get in before he did! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Meanwhile I’m learning how to fit these Magura brakes….. like it’s my first day in spanner school… :facepalm:

Re:

Gotta ask - WTF are you doing wearing a pinky ring?
(See previous pg for condemning evidence)

Attachments

• 5CC6B223-CF85-4A8E-AEF0-0DF6D59ECE08.jpeg
    5CC6B223-CF85-4A8E-AEF0-0DF6D59ECE08.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 323
Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Yes...because I’m evil...

Anyway, just when I thought ‘right I've got the hang of these, and all set up nicely, I’ll just go round them and tighten them up..... :facepalm: :oops:

Attachments

• A79B65B2-ED67-48F3-9044-CC3CA14B062D.jpeg
    A79B65B2-ED67-48F3-9044-CC3CA14B062D.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 316
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3k4332te said:
I’ve got Magura spares if you need another - can’t help with the bolt though

Awesome, yes please... I tried looking online but I guess I'm either looking in the wrong place or for the wrong thing..

Perhaps the wrong thing in the right place or the right thing in the wrong place?

The History Man":1blctfo7 said:
Perhaps the wrong thing in the right place or the right thing in the wrong place?

Well indubitably.......

So not quite the reveal I wanted, what with stupidly snapping two aluminium bolts preventing me from finishing the front mounting of the Magura brakes… 🤦

But anyway, a great velo weekend was had by me and Jimmy, popping into the Cottingham bike jumble and grabbing some bargains, :LOL: and a cracking road ride with the lad in the glorious midday sun, :cool: just finished off the day with almost completing the Antaeus, all mechs cabled up, chainset sorted and rear brake working perfectly… just got to be patient and wait for the front adapter kit to turn up… 😢

And here is what she looked like when she first caught my fancy back in BotM February 2018 Claud Butler 1991 Antaeus .jpeg Longun's Antaeus.jpg

Last edited:

Nice work indeed MrP... ;)

PeachyPM":2zzzqbpp said:
popping into the Cottingham bike jumble
How often does this happen? I didn't even know about it... :roll:

Back