USE SUB FORK AIR CYLINDER .

royboy2cv

GT Fan
Afternoon all , has any body got any information on the USE SUB Fork , especially the air cylinder
ie. "O" ring sizes types of seals used inside it . I have phoned USE but unable to help ( too old ) and NO info held on the air cylinder at all !!!!!

As far as I remember they were using an Englund Total Air air spring assembly (same as the RST Mozo forks or Rock Shox Judy or Manitou 3 aftermarket). Maybe the O-rings from those could work in yours...

Re:

Odd USE said it was too old, fairly sure you can still get parts for their suspension posts.

Cant help with the o rings but you could buy a box of different sizes and see which works?

Re:

You still can get some parts for the forks ie. the top hat bushes , but the air cylinder has always been a problem , how is your Nukeproof going Ian ?????

Re:

just found the problem , its not with the seals , but were the end of the cylinder is joined to the bottom of the push rod !!! going to try to bond the gap !!! with jb weld ,

Re:

I've just had a chat with my friend at USE and he came back with the following:
"I've just had a look in one of our old user-guides and the air cartridge is indeed EKO Sports Total Air Cartridge. If I try and go to the EKO website listed it now takes me to MRP, https://mrpbike.com/ they have support section that may be able to help".

My mate also mentioned, that they're a small company, and haven't perhaps always got the most amount of time to deal with "retro" on the phone. However, if you ping them a mail to info "at" use.group for retro enquires, someone will get back with a thorough answer when they have a sec.

However, the absolute goldmine of info was the original users manual that he sent me. I'd upload it to the catalogue and archive section now, but I can't see how I post in that section, or if I need to contact a moderator.

If you pm me with an email address, I can email it over too. Probably the quickest way of getting you the info!

Back