Pace RC100 16"

fotorat1":1jx8qnuy said:
£500 - thats mental

Is it?:

RC30 Forks with Magura mounts. Say £200
Bullseye cranks with Bottom Bracket Say £200

That leaves approx £100 for the frame albeit one that may need repairs.

Optimistic pricing given condition, but you'd (ideally) need those parts to build the bike, so it's not like you'd sell them off.

Not a bad price though imo, if you look at what RC200 frames go for.
But who knows what hidden "delights" the frame holds?

Re:

I bought it :)

Bit of a gamble, bit of a whim, but it’s a bike I’ve always wanted so have taken a punt.

With the cranks, fork legs, and original steerer stem being present I figured that’s more than half the battle - even if the frame needs a bit of work.

I’ll update on a build thread once it has arrived ;)

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":12feajkc said:

Bit of a gamble, bit of a whim, but it’s a bike I’ve always wanted so have taken a punt.

With the cranks, fork legs, and original steerer stem being present I figured that’s more than half the battle - even if the frame needs a bit of work.

Excellent, look forward to seeing the thread and frame.

I think it was a good price too, not everyday they come up for sale, and some nice parts too.

Mark

Re:

Look forward to seeing this one sorted. That steerer stem really added to the deal, don’t think you overpaid but it will take someone with sympathetic skill to sort the rear seatstay bridge. Pace still do the crowns and getting it anodised isn’t hard. Argos have a good understanding of the pace colours for a respray (which it will probably need after the welding is done) and vintagecannondale used to do the A113 cable guides you need but people have been 3D printing them recently so maybe you can get them done in grey!
https://shop.vintagecannondale.com/prod ... 3139324227

Re:

I’ve started book marking various build threads as it seems it has pretty much all be done before for the RC100, plus I’ve got a few mates that have had them so have lived through the pain themselves :facepalm:

In fact no sooner than telling a mate I’ve bought one, he told me that he has a beaten up frame set that I could have :roll: Might take it off his hands too...

Once A Hero":2bof4ptn said:

Sounds like a plan. Plenty of work to do but if all the key parts are there then the tricky part is done. Should scrub up nicely

Once A Hero":1pcrlvl6 said:

Well done that man!!! Great bike, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Was half tempted to bid, but I have too many projects already, one of them being a 12 year on-going house renovation!!! :)

Back