Long shot: part of USE SX seatpost clamp needed

Mijiblob

Dirt Disciple
I found the Ti tube of an old USE seatpost in a workshop, and someone gave me the clamp parts. Problem is, the solid alu rod piece which goes through the top of the tube is too short, as it's for the smaller diameter shokpost top, so the whole thing doesn't clamp up properly. The rod I have is 48mm long; I'd imagine I'd need one about 55mm long or thereabouts.

I really don't want to have to pay for a whole new clamp kit, as it's wasteful. Hoping someone might have the piece lying about spare.

It's the cylindrical rod with two holes in, in this pic:

Attachments

• 218.jpeg
    218.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 533
dddd

I have a blue ano one at 50mm. You can remove the anodising. Yours for £12 shipped.

PM me if interested as I don't check in that often.

Twelve pounds? Don't be daft. The whole clamp kit is only ten pounds including postage!

Oh, so it's twelve pounds because it's blue anodised? I see.

Be off with you, chancer!

Willing to pay for postage plus a quid or so/small donation to charidee. Was hoping someone might have one spare from a broken post or summat.

Twelve pounds indeed. Yeah, right.... :roll:

I have a use clamp kit for the classic/sx which I only need part of. Will have a look in the parts box tonight to check. £4 posted for the bit you need? Pm if interested.

Re:

You can buy a 100mm piece of 11mm aluminium rod on Ebay for £3.00, can't be that hard to cut it down and drill 2 holes in it ?

Back