1994 Saracen Eiger & 1995 Saracen Tufftrax

vroom6sri

Retro Newbie
Hi, all.

I am thinking of selling my 1994 Saracen Eiger & 1995 Saracen Tufftrax and wanted to gauge what interest there might be if I were to do that.

To put the money towards a new Saracen I am hoping to get £175 for the Tufftrax and £75 for the Eiger.

I believe they are both 21" frames.

Hopefully I have uploaded a picture of them both correctly (and a picture paints a thousand words) but I would say the Tufftrax is in great condition for it's age - I look after my possessions very well!

The Eiger is looking a little rough around the edges now and there are a few surface rust spots but the whole bike is still sound as a pound.

I have done a little work on them both over the years and changed/upgraded components here and there. I will provide more info when I have more time.

It would be collection from Peterborough but I could deliver within 20 miles or so of Peterborough and I also get to Nottingham & Milton Keynes from time to time with work so around those areas might also be possible for delivery.

Attachments

• Both.jpg
    Both.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 847
You need to include a price otherwise you're post will be taken down.

It'd be a good idea to include what size the frames are too and if you'll post or if they are collection only.

Re:

Here are some more photos and details...

Tufftrax
Replacement STX RC front mech.
STX rear mech.
Replacement long-arm cantilevers and corresponding levers.
Quick release rear wheel and seat.
Allen-key front wheel release.
Gripshift.
Raised handlebars but I can provide the original handlebars as well.
Ritchey headset.

Attachments

• Tufftrax (3).jpg
    Tufftrax (3).jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 668
  • Tufftrax (6).jpg
    Tufftrax (6).jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 667
  • Tufftrax (7).jpg
    Tufftrax (7).jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 667
  • Tufftrax (9).jpg
    Tufftrax (9).jpg
    143 KB · Views: 667
  • Tufftrax (10).jpg
    Tufftrax (10).jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 665
  • Tufftrax (11).jpg
    Tufftrax (11).jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 668
Re:

Eiger
Replacement Shimano Alivio crank.
Shimano Alivio front (I think) and rear mech.
Quick release front and rear wheels and seat.
Gripshift.
Original cantilever brakes.

Attachments

• Eiger (2).jpg
    Eiger (2).jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 662
  • Eiger (3).jpg
    Eiger (3).jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 662
  • Eiger (6).jpg
    Eiger (6).jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 661
  • Eiger (7).jpg
    Eiger (7).jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 661
  • Eiger (11).jpg
    Eiger (11).jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 662
I'm actually now thinking of keeping the Tufftrax for the Mrs to use as I just can't justify getting rid of it but can I ask you folks for some advise regarding the Eiger please?

Would I be better stripping it down and offering up the separate components instead? It's still such a good bike but perhaps the best way for it to keep rollin' is to become a donor bike.

Since you asked its a pretty low end bike so don't expect to get that much for it.

You will always get more ££ by parts but these components aren't in high demand so that might take a while and not be terribly worthwhile.

Best way might be to ebay auction it with low start offering postage if you can lay your hands on a box.

Re:

It’s been a mad couple of months but thanks for this info and your suggestion. I’m fairly confident I can get my hands on a bike box from the independent bike shop I just bought my new bike from but I’ve been looking on these forum pages for recommendations for the best ways to send it. I couldn’t find anything. Does anyone have any recommendations they can share please?

Back