Guerciotti

Cris Kallus

Retro Newbie
Hi all looking for some help from you knowledgeable lot!?

Going to view this 1980’s Guerciotti. Running campy and azzuro parts. And has the Reynolds 531 frame & forks.

Would anyone know the model or correct year. And value?

I’m not up to speed with older bikes. Any help would be much obliged.

Many thanks

Cris

Attachments

• C1769244-2DAB-451A-B23F-CD45925C60B1.jpeg
    C1769244-2DAB-451A-B23F-CD45925C60B1.jpeg
    84.1 KB · Views: 309
Re:

Nice looking Guerciotti. I just finished rebuilding one that wasn't in as nice of shape as that looks to be and the closest I could come to dating it was mid 80's, say after 1984/85. This was based on the two tone fade paint, the decals, the signature on the seat stays. Mine has the remnants of a Columbus SLX decal on it. It's my understanding that bike would be Columbus SL or SLX if from around 1984/85.

Hmmm, a lot of 'brand' transfers were available in bike shope in the 80's and all sorts of frames can be found purporting to be Colnagos etc. - and possibly Guerciotti. To me, the 'fade' blue seems to be insufficiently 'faded' into the white and a 531 transfer seems wrong for a genuine 100% Italian job. However, I'm not an Italian expert so what do I know..................... :? :roll: :facepalm:

Whatever it is - it looks nice!

The '85 GLX 7800 (Columbus) has a similar paint scheme. The bike in question doesn't have the engraved seatstay caps, even the lower end 7400 had those so who knows. Nor does it appear to have the triangle things on the fork crown. I'm pretty sure they didn't use Reynolds tubing.

314.jpg

Re:

Thanks for the reply’s folks. Much obliged.

I’ll update once I’ve been to see it. And add more pictures. Fingers crossed it is an original.

Kind regards

Cris

Re:

If it's a guerciotti, it should have a pantographed fork crown and bb shell. It's a G-in-a-star emblem

Back