Tents

I've had a North Face Roadrunner for years and it's still going strong. Light, easy to put up (but not fly first) and big for a two man tent. It's ideal for trekking and touring and seems to be bullet proof into the bargain.

TheGreenRabbit":185o4rqv said:

MacPac do indeed rock and make fantastic wee tents.... (mine is 14 years old, 7 of which were spent as outdoor instructor using it weekly, and still is going, but starting to show age now due to UV degradation)
meh, in its 'home' territory....
328499489_16a2d6999c.jpg

Unfortunately they are not below the OP's £50 limit.... :(

matt_outandabout":2juuy23z said:
TheGreenRabbit":2juuy23z said:

MacPac do indeed rock and make fantastic wee tents.... (mine is 14 years old, 7 of which were spent as outdoor instructor using it weekly, and still is going, but starting to show age now due to UV degradation)
meh, in its 'home' territory....
328499489_16a2d6999c.jpg

Unfortunately they are not below the OP's £50 limit.... :(

Thats true but given the misses seems quite keen on us camping regularly (Whats wrong with hotels ill never know) i may well consider spending more either now or in the future

You need to decide where you are camping - Macpac et al are mountain tents, and are fabulous at that.

If however your camping in on a site / sheltered, then you can get something with a lot more space / long time stay 'comfort' - but less weather resistant / heavier...

We have this one for 'sheltered' camps these days - free from freecycle, and surprisingly good - it was @ £150 new if we had bought it - loads of space, even for 5 of us, but still quick to put up and pretty robust.
2530818162_7abc3b3164.jpg

Latest posts

Back