York retro sportive

Old Ned":fe1mojbl said:
I had a word with Pete earlier this week and he says entries are slow but there's still several weeks to go. I will probably give him my entry next week at his jumble in Cottingham - see the thread in 'Events'.

I entered last week so hope to see you there.
Mark.

daccordimark":2hbwlr4g said:
Old Ned":2hbwlr4g said:
I had a word with Pete earlier this week and he says entries are slow but there's still several weeks to go. I will probably give him my entry next week at his jumble in Cottingham - see the thread in 'Events'.

Mark.
Looking forward to it. All I've got to do now is get fit enough to ride 54 very slow miles!

Old Ned":2iwz1tbv said:
daccordimark":2iwz1tbv said:
Old Ned":2iwz1tbv said:

Mark.
Looking forward to it. All I've got to do now is get fit enough to ride 54 very slow miles!

Me too! Although I find riding very slow isn't such a challenge these days!
Any idea which of your many bikes you will be bringing?
Mark.

Re:

Thanks for the heads up, now registered. Living in York have to do this (away in June so will miss the Rally) and the Howardian Hills some of my favourite riding. Haven't had a Marton food stop for number of years, so especially appealing!

Which bike ?

I wonder how strict the scrutineers will be? My usual choice of pedals is modern clipless ones and the only retro pedals I have are these battered old Chater Lea ones which aren't period correct for my Daccordi. I've got brand new clips and straps to use with them though so it might be worth trying to clean them up.

Mark.

Attachments

• ChaterLeaSm.jpg
    ChaterLeaSm.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 394
I'll be using my usual SPD's. I need shoes I can walk in!

But they will be black ones. My shorts will have a synthetic seat pad rather than real chamois - but I'm not going to allow anyone to have a look!

I doubt if anyone will 'scrutinise' to any major degree. It's for fun after all.

Paid my £25 yesterday at the jumble. Pete says he's got 30+ entries and hopes for more. Around 130 last year I think so all you indecisive ones out there - get 'em in!

Pete also says there's only one hill which isn't to steep. This leaves me with a conundrum. Do I ride older with only 44 x 24 bottom gear or ride slightly newer with 39 x 26? I can always walk whatever!

Old Ned":25v388na said:
Paid my £25 yesterday at the jumble. Pete says he's got 30+ entries and hopes for more. Around 130 last year I think so all you indecisive ones out there - get 'em in!

Pete also says there's only one hill which isn't to steep. This leaves me with a conundrum. Do I ride older with only 44 x 24 bottom gear or ride slightly newer with 39 x 26? I can always walk whatever!

Hmm, is Pete a natural climber like Bahamontes or a normal person?
My vote goes to older with the 44/24 (I'll be on 38/26)!!!

Mark.

Back