Dawes Genesis - new dawning

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
In our last afternoon together Dad and where discussing wether or not to buy a Dawes Genesis “ you can hide it in my flat” he happily told me, we both enjoyed the hobby of finding older unusual bikes and to be fair at £80 in really good condition this was ideal and fulfilled our boyish conspiratorial sides.

Dad died that night, I having been called into hospital held his hands until he was gone, at the age of 75 on the 7th of March in the very early hours Dad ran out of life.

I bought the bike at the time I had arranged yesterday regardless because it felt right and it does.
Shed time restoration work is good for bruised hearts.
At 22” it’s too small for me but Mrs Careless can ride it.

A few things need sorting but my dad would be pleased and this will be a keeper it’s poinancy and name

Genesis- New Dawn

Re:

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I'm sure the bike will be very special to you with the timing and all and I'm sure you'll do it up right in his memory.

Re:

A bittersweet tale, condolences.

I have a holdsworth inherited from a relative now-departed. I need to get started on the restoration of that.

Look forward to seeing updates on this one, I'm sure your dad would approve.

So sorry to hear of your loss Joe. You obviously had a very good relationship with your father, how lucky you both have been.

Good luck with the resto, I'm sure it'll be the best yet!

Back