How old are you?

Not liking this, seems at a few weeks under 50 from those that have given their age i'm the oldest so far:(

Come on, sure their are older than me on here :)

I'm only just 38. I have managed to drop a trouser size recently on only a few retro bike meets! Unemployment beckons so I may fit a few more longer rides in and will use my bike with a trailer for shopping etc.

My brain is just started to realise that although for the most part willing, the body isn't as capable as it was twenty odd years ago!

Favourite age so far? 32 I reckon. Still had some hair, weight gain wasn't a problem and in my dreams people would be able to say, "What?! She's half his age!!" and I wouldn't be thrown into prison.

Now, a mere six years later I am in the throws of a full on mid life crisis and harbour secret desires not only for the school leaver across the road, but also to be fitter at forty than I was at thirty. This will be proved (maybe) by a UK end to end attempt.

Another sign of the advancing years occured on Friday. Out for 20 miles on my road bike, I suddenly (and for the first time ever), thought I must change the stem for a shorter one!

THE BEGINNING OF THE END!

Back