Attachments

• Holdsworth 04.jpg
    Holdsworth 04.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 381
  • Holdsworth 07.jpg
    Holdsworth 07.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 381
Re:

I bought this as a frameset last year, with the intention of re-spraying it and doing a period restoration. However when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of the paintwork and decals so decided to build it up with parts I had lying around.
The seller originally listed it as a late sixties Holdsworth frame but gave no model name. From the graph of 5 digit numbers, my frame No. 34405, falls somewhere in the last half of 1969 and the sloping fork crown indicates it could be a Super Mistral.
I think the paint is original, though it is kind of plain for a then top of the range model.
Would appreciate any information that might give me more idea of the frame's true identity.

Re: More Super Mistral Pics

More Pics

Attachments

• Holdsworth 01.jpg
    Holdsworth 01.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Holdsworth 02.jpg
    Holdsworth 02.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 356
  • Holdsworth 03.jpg
    Holdsworth 03.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 357
  • Holdsworth 06.jpg
    Holdsworth 06.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 355
Hi, take a look at mine on p35 of this thread. Do your lugs have these cut outs? Only asking as kind people on this site identified mine as a shop built Italia, a bit later than yours but quite similar.

Hi, take a look at mine on p35 of this thread. Do your lugs have these cut outs? Only asking as kind people on this site identified mine as a shop built Italia, a bit later than yours but quite similar.

Re:

Cheers for the info Gustavo. There are definite similarities between the two frames.
I don't have any cutouts on the lugs, and the rear derailleur over the bottom bracket braze-ons are different to yours.
I guess the way to identify frame types is to combine the Frame No. with existing images and information from people that were involved with the bike scene 50 yrs ago !!!!

The cats.on history site for those years, there's info on mistral, super and fast back. http://www.nkilgariff.com/

Actually there is'nt a cat for 1969, but one for 1968 looks the same as yours. So I guess with that number the frame was built end of 69 and therefore may not have been sold until early 1970?

Back