Southwest Meet 9th November---PICS ADDED---

not really bothered about the weather tommorow. just aslong as the ride is spot on. i have now decided to ride geared. wimped out of single speed.

Here's some pics of todays ride, a bit wet and windy but a good ride.

retrobikeride034.jpg

retrobikeride035.jpg

retrobikeride036.jpg

retrobikeride037.jpg

retrobikeride038.jpg

retrobikeride039.jpg

retrobikeride040.jpg

retrobikeride041.jpg

excellent pix there toady. we will defo have to arrange a summer ride. it was really good to meet all you guys and put faces to logins.

Well, the inaugural meeting of the SW Retrobike Massive seems to have been a storming success. Thanks must go to Mr Hoarder and Mr …Scott for keeping us on the straight and sometimes particularly narrow. Thanks most definitely also goes to Mr Toad for permitting us to invade his local for beer and roast potatoes (well it was a sunday after all) and for assisting mother natures desire to keep us nearer sea level.

To those who travelled from a little further afield, it was great to put faces to some names at long last – the beginnings of some solid friendships were forged today :cool:

The weather was, unfortunately, typical quantocks. And whilst it may have dampened the trails and our kit it certainly didn't dampen the spirits.

Thank you, everyone, for making today a memorable ride – roll on the next one

(And a few happy memories caught on cam)

Attachments

• SWride_Pic_5.jpg
    SWride_Pic_5.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,903
  • SWride_Pic_4.jpg
    SWride_Pic_4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 1,903
  • SWride_Pic_3.jpg
    SWride_Pic_3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,903
  • SWride_Pic_2.jpg
    SWride_Pic_2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,903
And the full crew below – from left to right :D

1: CCE
2: SEARCHINGFORSCOTT
3: TOADOFTOADHALL
4: KONAGLIDER
5: GUYBE
6: CRAYONS
7: GRAVYMONSTER
8: BIKEHOARDER
9: CHRIS G

I hope I've got everyone in the right place ;)

Attachments

• SWride_Pic_1.jpg
    SWride_Pic_1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1,901
Well I've been home a little while now, had a great time out in the Quantocks! A little bit wet & windy but who cares? Thanks to Bikehoarder and co' for directing us, Toadoftoadhall for hospitality etc and to you all for a great day's ride. See you again.....
p.s Thats me in the yellow jacket above :)

Was a cracking day :cool: , ride was fantastic and was the 1st time i have ridden in non sticky mud :LOL:

Was great to meet you all and your bikes at last, Thanks to Toadoftoadhall for local knowledge and hot potatoes and thanks for the bird that crapped a black poo on bike hoarders glove...... very funny.

I will post some of my pics when nippers are in bed.

We will have to do it again :cool:

Good turnout! Looks like a fun day out. :)

Is someone going to do the left to right naming thingy on the above pic?

It was an enjoyable day on the Quantocks and seeing some retro bikes, I think I should have put bigger tyres after falling off the bike twice going downhill :roll:

We should do it again sometime when it's drier, thanks chaps for a nice ride.

Back