How old were you?

he he - had a Raleigh Mustang 21" - way big. 15 speed Friction - Farmer John tire rubbing the chainstay, pink cable outers, pink sandwich bag, extar bottle clamped to seattube. Great fun though!

The forks were made of play doh too. bent two sets 'just riding along' :cry:

first mtb was in 85, although I'd been riding on the mountain behind my house for a few years prior to that.
massive frame sizes were just the fashion!
I'm 32 this sunday :)

First started riding in '82...old schwinn frame retrofitted with wide tires and a bmx bar to run on the trails along the canal near me. Once the zinc spokes in the front wheel gave out I put a 20" wheel on the front...handling was so ridiculous that I rode it one ride before begging for money to buy a new wheel :LOL:

Interest in pedal bikes waned as motorcross took over for a year or two. Couldn't afford to keep the Yamaha running so back to the schwinn (really upgraded now with a straight bar and fixed gear, that coaster brake was so blah) til I bought the Hardcore in 88/89.

35 now...loved the time when we didn't know we were retro and mullets didn't have a name :cool:

keep it groovy,

rody

rody, funny as I was kinda the opposite. My father used to ride me up & down our street on his moto-x bike with me on board when I was 3! By the age of 6 I had my own 50cc. Some years later started cross counting running in school & vastly prefered the higher effort involved.. always been sick like that :)

Back