Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:08 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm
Posts: 7380
Location: STONEHENGE
Been after this exact model for 11 years !!!!!!!!

My ultimate ultimate unicorn

So if anyone can help me out with picking up or anything I’ll name one of my children after you!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3522414218


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Posts: 4963
Beauty 8) Hope you snag it Tony :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:18 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm
Posts: 7380
Location: STONEHENGE
M-Power wrote:
Beauty 8) Hope you snag it Tony :D


Alas I think it’s unlikely


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:24 pm
Posts: 58
Maybe this one is still for sale in Germany:

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/weihnac ... t-12077664


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:13 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm
Posts: 7380
Location: STONEHENGE
sovereign wrote:
Maybe this one is still for sale in Germany:

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/weihnac ... t-12077664


Beautiful but that’s £1400 for f&f :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:59 pm
Posts: 428
Location: Southern CA, U.S.
A good compromise to the 'Pick Up Only' is to ask the seller to drop it at a local bike shop after he has received payment. Then co-ordinate with the LBS to box it up for shipment. Finally, contract a shipper (BikeFlights) to collect it from the LBS.

If needed, I can act as an intermediary. BikeFlights from Seattle to me is about $65. Then I would ship to you via USPS Priority International which is about $270 total ($135 per box). There is a box size limit which requires the wheels be shipped in a separate box.

Cheers and Good Luck with your purchase


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 pm
Posts: 7380
Location: STONEHENGE
timkrik wrote:
A good compromise to the 'Pick Up Only' is to ask the seller to drop it at a local bike shop after he has received payment. Then co-ordinate with the LBS to box it up for shipment. Finally, contract a shipper (BikeFlights) to collect it from the LBS.

If needed, I can act as an intermediary. BikeFlights from Seattle to me is about $65. Then I would ship to you via USPS Priority International which is about $270 total ($135 per box). There is a box size limit which requires the wheels be shipped in a separate box.

Cheers and Good Luck with your purchase


Thanks you are a legend but unfortunately I don’t have time to contact a lbs & sort that side out but I really do appreciate the offer,

The search goes on :cry:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:24 pm
Posts: 58
Tc wrote:
sovereign wrote:
Maybe this one is still for sale in Germany:

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/weihnac ... t-12077664


Beautiful but that’s £1400 for f&f :(


For the complete bike :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:01 pm
Posts: 4963
sovereign wrote:
Tc wrote:
sovereign wrote:
Maybe this one is still for sale in Germany:

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/weihnac ... t-12077664


Beautiful but that’s £1400 for f&f :(


For the complete bike :wink:


Of course, Duty is 5% iirc for just the frame and 14% for a
full bike. Trust me i know the difference only too well :lol: No more bike imports for me :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:34 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:36 am
Posts: 2416
Location: Lincolnshire
Tc wrote:
Been after this exact model for 11 years !!!!!!!!

My ultimate ultimate unicorn

So if anyone can help me out with picking up or anything I’ll name one of my children after you!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3522414218


Sold for £388 just to upset you a little more.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trialsmeister and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group