1992 DBS Daccordi La Migliore

Thanks!

Like all other daccordi owners (probably) i am toying with the idea of ordering a New Griffe, seeing as Luigi is still making them and you can choose any paintjob and detailing you want, meaning you can order the flashiest 90s paintjob of them all!

The only problem is that i already have three bikes i like, and getting another (expensive) one would mean totally submitting to the insanity that is bike collecting, and i'm not sure i want to go down that route just yet.

Sometimes it's better to enjoy what you have...

(timeskip to one week later, and i have already ordered a New Griffe, bought 3 old junkers, and sold my car to buy a 12 year old top spec bike purely for the mint dura ace 7810 pedals it came with)

You know it makes sense !!
Can we have pictures of the Griffe you have bought ? What are the "3 old junkers" ?

I have recently bought an original Griffe from the early 90s. Yet to build it up but it looks great as just frame and forks.

Attachments

• 20181021_130100 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    20181021_130100 (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,076
Apple Tree":135464lx said:
You know it makes sense !!
Can we have pictures of the Griffe you have bought ? What are the "3 old junkers" ?

It hasn't happened yet, so we will have to wait a week to see if the prophecy comes true or not ;)

Apple Tree":135464lx said:
I have recently bought an original Griffe from the early 90s. Yet to build it up but it looks great as just frame and forks.

Man, those griffes are great!
i believe they are essentially the same bike as the one i have, though the later models (like yours) do seem to have a slightly different lugs on the head-tube, ironically without the distinctive Griffe claw pattern :LOL:

Do you have a groupset in mind for it?
i can wholeheartedly recommend dura ace 7800, as it's a pretty good blend of shiny looks and modern performance.

Attachments

• DSCN6678.jpg
    DSCN6678.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 1,073
Re: Daccordi build

Really enjoyed your SLX build posts - thanks for taking the time to share this

Not much out there on this frame builder as they seem a smaller family run outfit compared to other italian marques

I have just picked up an SLX too and am now stripping down, touching up rust etc and re-laquering

Hopefully on the road with a few tweaks such as NittoU12 quill etc

Bestw

Richard

And have cold-set (aka bent) the frame for 9 speed hub - daunting but entirely doable following Sheldon Browns expert posts on his website

Thats a nice daccordi you got there - from the 80s i presume?
on a lot of daccrodi models, the model name is written on the seatstay, and it looks like yours have that too.

since mine is a 90s model, it came with 130mm spacing from the factory, so no need to cold set luckily.

that aside, i changed the Deda piega handlebar for a nitto m106, as i couldn't get a nice transition from the tops to the hoods with the piega.
no matter how high you placed the hoods, you would always end up with a dip that put a lot of pressure on the back of the hands.

i haven't had the chance to dial the angle in perfectly yet, but so far the transition seems to be a bit smoother with the m106.

you can see what i mean with the annoying bend on this picture with some r2000 levers mounted.

the dip isn't that much of a problem with longer modern hoods like on the r2000's but with the 7800's you ended up with your palm on top of the dip, making it really uncomfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_215226.jpg
    IMG_20190209_215226.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 976
  • IMG_20190128_201329.jpg
    IMG_20190128_201329.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 977
Looks good - I have an old set of defunked bars by GASS that had a habit of alloy disconnecting from the carbon midsection - now bars are all carbon - these are 20years old. But will be unlikely to loose both bars at once - and having had the stem break on me anything else seems trivial.
Have checked the fitting as I have 105 5500 flightdeck shifters that I am adding to get rid of the downtube shifters.
Just checked out the Dura ace groupset on line - £1000 for a new set - I think I'll stick with my cheep and cheerful 105s. Will post a picture when finished - about to lacquer the frame now!

i must admit, i'm not a fan of those anatomic bends, but each to their own i guess ;)
i've got a Cinelli giro d'italia on the other daccordi (confusingly a Freccia rebadged as a DBS professionale), and it surprisingly comfy for an old style deep drop bar - looks good too.

Back