New/retro Orange Prestige

I use waxoyl in my steel frames. H******s do aerosol cans of it, it's very good stuff!

toontra said:
[ The LBS fitted the stem the "right" way up and I had to swap it over. There's still 2cm of spacers that can be removed when/if I get the steerer cut down.....
..... it's the height that's the only issue.quote]

There's only one real answer, but i feel it needs to be done, especially if you wanna keep the bar-ends. FLAT BARS

feel better now. you can get pretty decent wide flat bars now, especially if you're 31.8, but even in 25.4 there are some around.

Si F

LongboardSi":29tvjc63 said:
There's only one real answer, but i feel it needs to be done, especially if you wanna keep the bar-ends. FLAT BARS
Si F

Hah I was waiting for that ;) I know it's an issue that bothers a lot of people, especially the purists. I always fit risers on a new bike so I have an extra way of adjusting the ride position without swapping stems every 5 minutes. You'll notice the bars are rotated quite a bit further forward than usual - I will try them further back in the next few days.

As for bar ends on risers - well, I spend a lot of time on the ends so no choice really.

I've got no problems with barends in their own right - but the flipped stem and risers seems to suggest that a flat bar is called for...

Gooo on.... please?

lovely bike though. (I'll not start the whole 4/5 arm chainset thing, anyway it's a modern bike so not relevant here.)

Si F

Well, after some fiddling I've taken LongboardSi's advice and swapped over to a flat bar! He's right, it does look better, and with a new stem I can get exactly the ride position I want, which is probably more like a road bike that a MTB setup.

Also got the Waxoyl spray which will get applied before going out in heavy rain.

nice ride you have there, got one myself. built it up with xt/xtr and hope everything, its running rock shox revelations 130mm and the sterring is good, but i find its better at 100mm. my 07 clockwork however is running the same forks but feels better at 130mm. so i have the best of both worlds :)
prestige for easy trails and the clockwork for more aggressive stuff ??

logger":2k83bc2f said:
prestige for easy trails and the clockwork for more aggressive stuff ??

That's the way Orange described it when I spoke to them about the differences in geometry - Prestige better for longer road rides and P7 better for purely off-road.

Lovely bike, IMO one of the best new bikes around at the moment along with Charge Dusters

Angle

That front end looks horrendously shallow to me. what's the fork angle? Its ok these bods saying ok for a 130mm fork or whatever, BUT All forks vary in axle crown length regardless of travel! Pace Hollowforms are on the long side for the amount of travel, Fox and RS are much shorter! Can you not reduce the travel on these to give a better ride? Must be like riding a chopper?

Back