L'Eroica Britannia 2019

Check out their Page. It will be taking place. Dates will be released in Jan.

It will take place later in the year also (which is great for me as I will get to spend Fathers days with my daughter now).

Few changes being made for 2019 details to be released soon.

Yes, e-mail received this afternoon. Leaving Friden Grange but staying in Peak District. Different style of event with some changes just for 2019. Date to be later in the summer. More info available in January.

We shall see, but good that some sort of event is taking place. Just hope date does not clash with my other commitments.

Re:

What a disappointment. I won't be taking part after all. This event seems to be about exclusivity - not what I believe cycling is about.

While last year's event was maybe too much of a kiddy fest in the middle of nowhere, they now seem to swing in the opposite direction.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on going anyway, as I've just registered for L'Eroica in October. :D

I think the organisers let the logistics spiral out of control and it became too big to make work outside of the original base in Bakewell – and now, after leaving they can't get back. Grew too big, too quick.

Not so - they always knew way back at the start, that 2019 was going to be a problem due to the clash with the 200th Bakewell show.

I did the first 3 years, but not interested in spending a weekend in a field miles from anywhere so none since 2016. I reckon the showground and town are plenty big enough to hold a vintage bike festival - if Gaiole can manage 5,000 riders, no reason Bakewell can't. Lets hope they get back on track in 2020

Re:

This is the first EB I'll be missing, I enjoyed all 5 previous rides but it felt more and more about making money. I understand profit drives the organisers but it felt like it had become more important than celebrating the ride, the bikes and the riders. Eroica Limburg has been amazing the last couple of years, growing slowly and in a wonderful location. Velo retro was also fantastic last year; beautiful and challenging and very friendly.

I think I'll just recreate my own EB one weekend in June, riding the original route. Anyone fancy joining me?

Back