Project weight weenie Lightning content

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Picked this near mint Lightning up and been collecting bits, not as I want it just yet but nicely rideably. Weighs in at 22 pounds as is, but looking for some suitably matching lighter but functional kit.
OK it has XT dual control V brake units and HT2 cranks at present, but I have some Gripshift Shim compat on the way and am looking for a Controltech stem to match the team seatpost, an isis RS 7 and I have some Butterscotch Psychos but thought the colour was wrong? It rides err extremely well indeed, in fact I would say its a more compliant while laterally stiffer ride than my Merlin XLM altogether nicer to ride!

Lightning014.jpg

Lightning012.jpg

Lightning009.jpg

RockiMtn":31s1n5kc said:
sweet looking bike! but how come you got the same pic posted twice?

If you notice the subtle difference;
in the first pic the tyres have air in them
the 'duplicate' pic, the tyres have helium in for extra weight saving...........

xizang":262rvcfp said:
RockiMtn":262rvcfp said:
sweet looking bike! but how come you got the same pic posted twice?

If you notice the subtle difference;
in the first pic the tyres have air in them
the 'duplicate' pic, the tyres have helium in for extra weight saving...........

Ohhh… now that you've pointed it out, I SEE IT!!! :LOL:

Frame

Off here, the chap listed a few bikes this was at the bottom strangely no one showed any interest from the UK, but he had a lot of interest from the your side of the pond. Original stickers, the frame is like new I don't suppose its done many miles offroad.
It had some pretty down spec kit on it tho and the RS Indy's were awful. It rides superbly now. Can't decide whether to try a set of ButterScotch Psychos I have on it? Think Grey ones would look better?

An allen key seat clamp would be lighter that the QR one you have fited ATM ;) If those skewers are Hope too, if you get some Ti allen key Control Techs or similar, you would have a load (alright 100ish grammes) or weight. Continental Supersonic inner tubes would have you a bit more weight. It all adds up, or should that the down?! ;)

Weigh-weenieing is the way forward!

Back