Found some old pics...

Davedownhill

MacRetro Rider
...from back in the early 90's and I was in Aberdeen Uni MTB club so scanned them...

Here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32209821@N05/

Mostly my old Diablo which I'm trying to track down-

3013869692_df64428468.jpg

Dave is that innerleithen shot the bit we walked up to start the of the down hill race?

Further north, I think its the red line on this map, old DH just off the bottom of the page

3019314232_612d15c660.jpg

Race was on 11th October 1992, day after my 21st, hence me not riding!!

got loads more pics somewhere, including Chris Hoy in an XC race in Penicuik about the same time, will post them up if I find them...

I think I ended up cutting them down a bit- not long after that pic I rode the first NPS DH at Fort William- so long ago that FS were still a rarity!

Aberdeen

i was around the Aberdeen scene around the same time as you .... was Dangerous dave actually called Scott by any chance ?

3013873100_3f25350537.jpg

This bloke?
I think his name was Scott, one of the infamous Dangerous Brothers lot...
Didn't really know him, I was one of the Uni Club riders from '90-'94 and mostly rode with them.

hmmm

i was somewhere in the background on a Salsa ala Carte - with a shattered elbow - which is why i wasn't taking part ! do you remember this race ? i think there was a guy on a commuter bike with mirrors and bell etc was passing by and entered ? was he a black guy if i remember correctly ? i loaned my bike to a blonde girl who took part ....

Back