Campagnolo Delta Brakes SOLD

Re:

I've read about the supposed poor functioning of Delta brakes so, just to clear up all this negativity surrounding my Delta brakes. No, I've not used them to descend an alpine pass but, I have actually used these numerous times on my renovated 1995 Langdale Lightweight 653 steel bike with them coupled up to Campagnolo 8 speed Ergolevers and... they've functioned perfectly at all times.

Re: Campagnolo Delta Brakes

Deltas are fab if set up properly. I used mine on the Eroica Gaiole last year, for instance. The lever thing is patently nonsense; I did use the correct levers because I have that kind of OCD, but there's nothing special to them. You do need a Campag lever with the integral quick release for the brake to be able to remove the wheel easily, unless you're running very narrow tyres; in theory the "Powergrade" adjuster on the 3rd gen C-Record (and CDA Century) brake lever is helpful for setup of 3rd and 4th gen brakes (your brakes are Record 4th gen) but I have the later 5-pivot, 5th gen type so can't comment. What you do need is a 3.5mm allen key (now fairly easy to get) and some patience in the installation. It's also important to set them up with the pads a little further off the brake track than you might do with a modern brake, to get sufficient modulation.

^^^^ that's exactly my experience. An extra few minutes thinking time during set up pays dividends.

Re:

I have deltas on my Lemond, never had an issue, I also bought a set in the 80’s I used on an Eddy Merckx for years, never any issues with that set either. Lemond, Indurain,Roche all won the tour with them so not a bad endorsement, like any precision part if fitted and set up correctly they work fine.

Yes, they're still for sale. Same price £220 posted. I nearly put them back on my bike!

Re: Re:

Chest_Rockwell":3k3sn31o said:
Suffolk roads":3k3sn31o said:
Only quoting what campag state.
The delta brakes were really useless I changed mine for ultegra 600 in the 80s.

Not terribly constructive comments on a "for sale" post. :facepalm:

Agreed. I have noticed some here have “attitude.”

Re: Re:

Vetus Ossa":vws8cfiv said:
Chest_Rockwell":vws8cfiv said:
Suffolk roads":vws8cfiv said:
Only quoting what campag state.
The delta brakes were really useless I changed mine for ultegra 600 in the 80s.

Not terribly constructive comments on a "for sale" post. :facepalm:

Agreed. I have noticed some here have “attitude.”

Think he's trying to talk the price down, by the looks of things. :LOL:

Re:

When you are paying severall hundred pounds for a set of brakes they need to be a1.
Some people with no intention of buying the said item seem to keep interfering they need to get a life!

Re:

Get real. No 30 year old brakes come with a watertight guarantee! Buyers should be realistic and respectful of people putting stuff up for sale on here or everyone loses out.

Back