Ibis Bowti restomod 1997

Stylus":340tu7nv said:
Happy New Year folks!

Had some minor setbacks last couple of weeks, my front mech package is still in limbo, may have to consider that one as lost :evil:
The DKG clamp i received was the wrong colour so that had to be send back and forth.. :facepalm:
However with 2 weeks added delays the Klampers are now here and so is the spare Ibis headbadge. Awesome to see Paul Components getting the order out during the backlash of the fires and nice eco friendly packaging!
Hoping to get this thing 'flying' in a couple of months.
46553684461_fe3682ffb7_c.jpg

Very very nice! Just bought a DKG clamp myself the other day. Had to get a black one as I could not find a silver one anywhere...

About the wheels: what hubs, spokes, rims?

Konsta":1fpc59e9 said:
About the wheels: what hubs, spokes, rims?

Thanks! Wheels are Chris King iso x DTSwiss Competition x DTSwiss EX471, handbuilt by ForceWheelz.nl

Re:

yesterday assembly started at Lester Cycles Amsterdam workshop, this is just mock up and check for issues, so far so good. Final build in a couple of weeks when i get a new front mech and some stick on cable guides

45987459464_86dde128c6_c.jpg

Smithjss70":q8c2bl9j said:
Looking good. How much travel does that fork have?

100mm, frame was designed for 80mm but JC said i could get away with 100mm without compromising the handling.

Just caught up on this.

Coming on very nice. Glad you went with black spokes, they really look great on the bike and those tyres make them stand out even more. Personally i would be tempted to run the Thomson post or another black one.

Cant wait to see it finished

Mark

^ cheers, a black post maybe looks more balanced, for now i prefer the combo of a ti stem and seatpost.

i hit a few snags; i was hoping to use the modern 'side pull' front mech but the cable stops on the frame don't seem to agree, so need a traditional top pull system. Unfortunately the M9000 front mech for double rings only comes in a high clamp version and when fitted it looks like the clamp will sit right on top of the 'Moron' decals, so thats not working for me.
The most modern low clamp front mech i can find is the M985 2x10, so i've ordered one, see if that works.

Also i want a 20mm headset spacer, looks like Blacksheep bikes makes a nice ti one, so need to get that.

I got this new bronze headbadge from Ibis, i'm thinking about either painting it black or aging it. Or maybe not :roll:

I'm afraid the platform pedals i got are way too bulky, so i need to look into alternatives.

Also possibly i want to paint the fork lowers black, anyway, a few more weeks until the parts arrive from the US..

Re:

So here's 2 more pieces of the puzzle; a 2x10 XTR M985 with low clamp band that i intend to run as 2x11 (see previous post above)

and a 20mm ti spacer from Blacksheep bikes, unfortunately its a lot lighter shade ti than the frame and stem so i'll have to see what can be done about that (tips are welcome ;) )

I have some sealant on order so hope to get it riding in about 2 weeks, work schedule permitting

33300576908_72eeb8049f_c.jpg

Back