Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

Checked out the route for Tour of East Lothian via OS maps. Brings back good memories of my CTC days where we ventured east quite a bit. However it also brings back memories of some blooming long steep hills. The climb out of Gifford up to White Adder reservoir is a killer but the descents no bad at all. Also lots of steep ups and downs near Stenton and Garvald on approaches to Dunbar. Coastal stuffs pretty good but if wind in your face as it often is when heading west it could sap ones power. Looking forward to it but with some trepidation as regards my sh*** fitness :LOL:

Re:

You’ll be fine Velo, just take it at your own pace and don’t be tempted to chase faster groups. Sounds like s good ride. Not an area I’ve ridden much but seems like so many hidden gems.

Velomaniac, That tour of East Lothian route looks great. Some of the nicest rolling scenery in Scotland. I'm a bit biased though as a teenager back in the 90s i lived in Tranent then moved to Haddington in my 20s and covered these roads for pleasure in the long summer days of my youth visiting girlfriends in North Berwick in the evening and cycling to work in Edinburgh during the day. Wouldn't want to face that Whittadder climb with the extra mince pies i'm carrying around at the moment. I still cycle the coast road occasionally as my parents are in Prestonpans. I wouldn't bank on a tail wind but its only from Longniddry so that's a small bonus. The coast road is a great cycle on its own. Well worth a trip through. Hope you have a good cycle.

Re:

Had a good few days retrobike shopping down in Yorkshire, even managed to spend a bit of time visiting family :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC_0299-897x506.JPG
    DSC_0299-897x506.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 220
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's an optimistic front tyre for a bike running triple clamp forks!
Like the classy black and silver Marin frame and forks though.

dyna-ti":3tsv6cnf said:
Said Kona Jim ?

I nearly made it into the modern world, but pipped at the post.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bergamont-Fa ... 7675.l2557

Then the forks, and inevitable weird headset fun, and new built wheels. Saved myself there :LOL:

Looks a beast of a bike that does, will take you well into the modern world indeed.
When I was in Germany back in the summer it was a hardtail 29'er Bergamont that I was riding in the Hartz mountains and it came very very close to converting me to a proper lightweight modern mtb, almost ;)

Jamie

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back