Orange P7 - 1998

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Build in progress. XT & Orange parts, Pace RC36 Evo forks. Original paintwork & seat tube decals - others are replacements. Was originally STX with RST forks.

Was going to flip it but it's now a keeper as I caught the retro Orange bug

Attachments

• 1jan2019.jpg
    1jan2019.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 2,313
Re: 1998 Orange P7 - Build thread

That looks stunning, I'd agree with PeterPerfect, love this year of frame. Noticed the obligatory Orange mug for an Orange build. Once i used a Marin mug whilst assembling a Kona, it was a dark time.

Finished. Very happy with it. Will be used in the summer.

Frame: Orange P7 19" Frame: A707****** (July 1997 Build)

Fork: Pace RC36 Evo

Headset: DiaCompe Ahead
Stem: Orange Boner Fido
Handlebar: Orange Hotrod
Bar Ends: Orange '55'
Grips: Orange Friction Addiction
Brakes: XT M739
Brake Levers: XT M739
Shifters: XT M740
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: XT M739
Cassette: HG41 11-32T 8 Speed
Chain: KMC
Cranks: XT M739
Chainrings: Xt M739 42T outerouter & Middleburn middle 32T & small 22T
Bottom Bracket: UN55
Pedals: Unknown
Hub Skewers: XT
Rims: Mavic X138
Hubs: XT M739
Saddle: Velo 'Angry Orange'
Seatpost: Orange
Seatpost Clamp: Orange
Chainstay Guard: Shimano XT M730 Shark Fin
Tyres- Panaracer Smoke (originals)

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg 005.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Really like that build and a local bike too. Spent many pounds of Christmas money in Bike Scene whilst growing up and over the years.

Well done mate

:xmas-big-grin:

Andy

Cheers Andy - it's what started me off with my collection. I had a 2006 P7 plus a 2001 P7 for commuting. I bought a 2010 P7 'Halfords build' of the fella just for the frame & he offered me this too. I was going to flip it but Mrs loves it. I was already an Orange fan-boy - now I guess I'm a collector! Bike Scene still going strong. See their riders at racers regularly.

Oh man, this takes me back! I bought the same year/colour in a 21" with the F7 rigid forks -- which I replaced with the same Pace forks. It had the STX drivetrain and Avid V-brakes which I gradually changed for XT; over the years I also put on a Middleburn Duo chainset, Mavic Crossride wheels, Easton Monkeylite risers, a Pace stem, a USE Alien seatpost and a Flite titanium saddle. It rode beautifully -- every bike since it was stolen has been an attempt to recreate it.

Back