Trek Matrix singletrack pro

JoJo65

Retro Newbie
Hello all
I have a Trek 930SHX Singletrack 1995 mountain bike, it has 26" Matrix singletrack pro rims. does anyone know the widest tyre i can fit on the rear please?

Re:

Welcome to the site,

I've fitted 2·35 easily on Matrix and narrower rims to my 950. It was a bit of a fight to get them through the V brakes though.

Thanks for the reply shedobits. i no longer have the cantilever brakes on it, i upgraded it to Disc brakes front and back.
I love my Trek, i had it since brand new back in 1995, so instead of buying a modern Mountain bike i have up grade this one.
Far as i know the 950 frame was very much the same dimentions as the 930, so fingers crossed all should be ok

Re:

I believe these are the same frames with different levels of equipement. They are much underrated frames and ride so well.
I'd like to see any pictures of the disk brake conversion.

Re:

I stripped the frame and took it to a frame builder, he removed the cantilever bosses, brazed a hose mount on the seat stay and brazed a lobstor mount to the seat stay also. Im running XT calipers and Ice tech rotors, 180mm at the front, 160mm at the back. Its decent job, not one of those bolt on adaptor kits....ill see what i can do about a pic for you.

Back