The best retro E-Stay frame.

legrandefromage":3srw4ge5 said:
Nice Nishiki

nishiki_girl.jpg

Is that what it's called, I often wondered !

On a more serious note, it has to be the Saracen for me. Yes some of the others are more blingy but to my mind Saracen wanted an affordable stylish bike to go to people who would ride it and could actually afford one.

Thanks for the feedback so far and as I guessed the Saracen is coming up top for me. That and the Nishiki Arial, which of course I owned a few years ago and sold, like an idiot hehe.

I would have never even considered an aluminium one. Way too risky for me, not strong enough and prone to cracks, even on a standard frame.

Keep your opinions coming.

^ If you are tall - check the TT on a Saracen e-stay is long enough for you. I found them fairly short compared to most.

I always like the steel Saracens, they were bomb proof throughout the range, a little heavier for it, but still, proof in the pudding is in the eating i guess.

From 2007 to 2017 my Panasonic MC-Comp was my main rider. Very strong, well made, nice paint, good geometry - a Japanese quality product. Without any doubt a Brave Warrior or similar will be good too and possibly a bit lighter.

Re:

Yum - looks like a copy of something more expensive that begins with Nis....

Attachments

• 3489AB48-D1C8-4E2E-83E6-F6B89EA594C4.jpeg
    3489AB48-D1C8-4E2E-83E6-F6B89EA594C4.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 364
Back