parts bin 1990 Fire Mountain - Updated 28/12

Re: parts bin 1990 Fire Mountain - now Cinder Cone! Updated 12/8

:cool: looking good, but whoa there, whats happening with the Fire Mountain? :) oh, and whats the next project? after the FM obviously :LOL:

mark

Re:

mkone":19b2rrye said:
:cool: looking good, but whoa there, whats happening with the Fire Mountain? :) oh, and whats the next project? after the FM obviously :LOL:

mark

Thanks Mark. I confess, the Fire Mountain is sidelined as I've made a complete, utter balls up of the fork...

Basically I had almost cut through enough of the old stem, so thought I would try and cold chisel it out, problem is that became trapped! I then though of using another one to force out the first chisel, which then trapped itself between the original chisel and remains of the stem, if that makes any sense.

The picture below tells it's own story :oops: :facepalm:

Turns out that still have enough bits left over in my parts bucket to get this on the road. I haven't a decent bench vice at home but there's a shared workshop up the road, so I may visit that at some time and have another bash at the fork.

As for the other project, all will be revealed. Clue - It's neon green (sadly not a Toad) :)

Attachments

• IMG_4853.jpg
    IMG_4853.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 361
Re:

The story continues!

One replacement fork later (lucky find) and voila...

Attachments

• IMG_5189.jpg
    IMG_5189.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 278
Re:

Tricky1977":16vs6yxy said:
Love that paint job - got to be my fave and the all silver crankset

minor_LEGEND":16vs6yxy said:
That FM looks so good, takes me back to the school bike-shed days.
Shame about the fork.

Thanks for the comments! I've still no idea where most of the parts came from, I obviously have way more in the parts bins than even I thought :LOL:

I have always enjoyed riding these. They are certainly not lightweight, but roll well when on the move and look pretty cool of course. This is the fifth Kona of this model year I've owned and the third Fire Mountain, although only two have really been my preferred size (including this one).

I still have the original fork, so I may still resurrect it yet, you never know :)

Latest posts

Back