Brake cables dilemma

Gruff

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Ok so i've pretty much rebuilt my dads old 80's peugeot Aubisque as a gift for my brother in law as he can't drive anymore.

My question is......brake cables in front of or behind the bars?

You'll have to forgive my ignorance but i'm from the muddy side of the forum :facepalm:

WIN_20190113_15_28_45_Pro by Gareth Pavey, on Flickr

Some people are very keen to make sure we all conform to cables behind.
But for fun, you could try posting a photo of one in front the other behind like I once did.... oh it does cheer them up, so it does! ;)

PeachyPM":13bauxg2 said:
Some people are very keen to make sure we all conform to cables behind.
But for fun, you could try posting a photo of one in front the other behind like I once did.... oh it does cheer them up, so it does! ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Behind. Much nicer curve.

Attachments

• 5E9301B2-B45A-4B46-A25B-FF1B84E4EA39.jpeg
    5E9301B2-B45A-4B46-A25B-FF1B84E4EA39.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 578
The History Man":1mpyhr1a said:
Behind. Much nicer curve.

Hook line and sinker...... :LOL:

(Although I have to admit I’ve re-run my Jubilee behind the bars)

Re:

It often depends on stem length and how the cables sit. If they look wrong one way try the other. With a short stem sometimes over just wont sit right for the rear brake.

Go in front. Seem to remember I got fed up catching my hands on them when they were behind.

Jonny69":144f95w7 said:
Go in front. Seem to remember I got fed up catching my hands on them when they were behind.

^^ that would be my take on things, but like Gareth I mostly frequent and fraternise with the 26inch brigade

Jonny69":9cfev1o2 said:

I know depending on stem length they are supposed to go behind and some of mine really should go behind to look right but my preference is in front for the very same reason, I catch them when going from drop to upright position too often.

Latest posts

Back