Any Gios expert please

jordic1968

Retro Guru
I have a gios torino super record frame I'll put for sale but not sure if gen2 or gen3... I've read that the difference is on having recessed brake bolts or not. The first being gen3 (+83) or the second being gen2 from 82.

Problem is I'm not sure if I have recessed bolts ... Any expert can help me please looking at the pic. I had the brakes fitted with nuts, not allen though.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 20190112_094358.jpg
    20190112_094358.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 556
Re:

It does look like a normal recessed fitting to me.

If it turns out not to be, about half way down this page, there is another type of brake fixing mentioned in the same sentence as Gios:

http://www.campyoldy.co.uk/ search the page for "Allen key sleeve" to find it.

thanks for the help!

I concluded it's a recessed fitting, that can also work with a washer and regular nut (as I had) or a recessed allen nut or the similar allen key sleeeve (great finding!!)

jordic1968":26wsnkom said:
thanks for the help!

I concluded it's a recessed fitting, that can also work with a washer and regular nut (as I had) or a recessed allen nut or the similar allen key sleeeve (great finding!!)
I would have thought that using a nut fixing only would result in the stirrup being able to potentially move around as the diameter of the hole is significantly greater than the brake bolt. Did you do this?

Back