What's your number?

Am lucky, my wife doesnt care how many bikes ive got, even stopping me from selling some. hence thats probably why shes my wife. :)

Re:

Aye - the orange Orange P7 I'm doing up is only still here as she loved it - not even her bike!

Maybe the ladies like an Orange!

For me it’s pretty same as for rwm1962, she’s originally a countryside girl and doesn’t much care for handbags or nice shoes, so this tit-for-tat tactic would be extremely costly for my bike collection :LOL:

But thanks for sharing great stories of your collections! It’s good to know I’m not alone with a garage dozen (or dozens) :)

Re:

Mrs Shedobits visits the cave often as we keep the freezer in there too. No problems apart from her often saying "you've got one bum and two legs why do you need all these bikes"?

I justify them to myself by having a reason to keep each one.

IN SPAIN
Kuota 29er (XC Race Bike)
Orange Sub 3 (for my bad back)
On -One 456 (a loaner for visitors, plus I love long fork hardtails)
Specialized Stumpjumper M2 (Snot Rocket)
Trek 950 Singletrack (Lovely underrated steel, for the world tour I'm never really going to do)

WITH RELATIVES IN ENGLAND FOR WHEN I VISIT

Trek Stache 29er (for the Dark Peak)
Steel Garry Fisher Tarpon (rail and tow path tourer)
Aluminium Garry Fisher Tarpon (tracks around the Ridgeway)

All of them are ready to ride but with constant trickle down upgrades they always seem to be work in progress. So 8 bikes in two countries seems quite mild compared with some of the posters on here. This year will see yet another build project though.

Re:

I like this thread, makes me seem normal!

I’ve got 12 fully built bikes and 3 frames.

Re:

Erm....
See sig for list, around a dozen and I reckon about half are in some stage of incomplete.

Plus the recent projects: the probably pashley and the maybe dawes.

Then there's the kids bikes (3 balance bikes, 1x 12 inch, 2x 16 inch, 2x 20 inch, 1x 24 inch),

Oh, plus the wife's. She's got one too.

Then there's the bare frames (the unknown one, the mount vision, the RC200 F2)

Once I'd lost count over 50...

Now somewhere between 25-35, but....who cares :facepalm: ?

Bikes are Bridgestones, Breezers, Marins, Diamond Backs, Scotts, Univegas, some TREKs, and the like. Oh, and a Hooger-Booger Comp XTR frame taken from a NOS bike, my future let's do-it-together project with my boy when he (presumably) will reach a (at least) similar height as his old man did :cool: .

I got bikes and frames(framesets) which are surely keepers as long as I can manage their storage, maintenance, etc.. If not, then I will part with them with a heavy heart and bid them farewell. I rarely use them anyway, more like doing tinkering around and collecting/cherishing them as they deserve.

I even wanted to establish a small retro MTB museum in my shed, but lack of funds/time quickly derailed this daydream.

Now still concentrating on collecting the finest steel mtbs made from early to late '90s, specifically in my size. From the period when I was too broke even to buy them secondhand (not that they were available at the used-market back then anyway). Anything steel from size 18" to 20" with sub 2 kg frame weight can be desirable for me, even if it's a dirt cheap no-name budget brand top-spec modell-I try to leave snobbery outside when it comes to collecting.

So yeah, it could be a DIY personal mental therapy, but ssshhhh, I'm not alone, the voices in my head frequently assure me about it, too :twisted: !

Re:

Hey Cheshire

There a strange dude looking through your window casing the joint

Attachments

• 968F9B63-65CA-4669-AEB6-ECC61897AECB.jpeg
    968F9B63-65CA-4669-AEB6-ECC61897AECB.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 224
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":271nv8nb said:
Hey Cheshire

There a strange dude looking through your window casing the joint

Haha... yes spotted hehe.. good luck too anyone casing the joint with the dogs in the house! Would be a blood bath like my retrobike avaitar! :shock: :facepalm: :LOL:

Back