What's your number?

Good thread. I don't want to think about how many I have though, sorry. Nothing too silly, but more than I have space for... and I keep accumulating them rather than cutting down as is my intention.

Hoping to move to a bigger place some time soon. Is that a solution to my problem, or just feeding the beast?

I only have 5 MTB's
and 10 road bikes
and 5 projects
7 frames and more wheels that I can count but after seeing other peoples collections it's not so bad :facepalm:

Dami":304p63mz said:
sinnerman":304p63mz said:
The easy route, is too get a new wife... :LOL:

I can see the "Tinder" listing now..... :shock:

:LOL:

..but I think I will keep the wife for now. It will be a good challenge to see how big a gap I can get between the belief of how many bikes I have and the reality :)

You could go for tit-for-tat. One complete bike with spare parts = one of her handbags or pair of shoes. :idea:

Re:

my record is 13 (I felt sorry for the sad looking bikes (mostly raleighs) that nobody else wanted so I kept them :facepalm: )

I gave one of my bikes to my dad (and it's currently in bits because I wanted the good parts off it for my new bike - cost me £200 to build so think I'm entitled to a few of the bits but must fix that for him)

so I currently have 5 which I ride regularly (and a knackered old saracen stuck on the turbo trainer if that counts). Trying to focus more on riding than collecting now since it's my last chance to achieve my dream. But I can safely say my 5 bikes now cost a lot more than the 13 bikes I had a few years ago. :LOL:

Re:

A total of 14 bikes that are ridable, 4 in which get ridden regularly :facepalm: And 6 unbuilt projects. A couple of pics of the retro stuff... Tend to ride my modern road bike tho :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_4450.JPG
    IMG_4450.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4451.JPG
    IMG_4451.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 182
I would think your wife has more than a couple of pairs of shoes.

Get them all out one night then greet her returning home with 'Right, which ones do you want to get rid of.
You have many bikes, but I'll wager she has clothes,bags and shoes in every single cupboard and wardrobe in the entire house.

Back